feature requests

The Easter Egg (almost) No One Found (Comic Book Forums)

• The Easter Egg (almost) No One Found

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 4, 2015 3:12:14 am
  • Reportedly James Gunn has claimed that no one has found the biggest Easter Egg in Guardians of the Galaxy. I haven't found it either. But when I read about this it reminded me of a certain Easter Egg I did uncover, and that I have been searching for news on since that day. If this is already out there please accept my apologies, but I can find no mention of it anywhere. It occurs in X-Men, Days of Future Past, and it is what first gave me hope that the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Fox studies were working behind the scenes to make some kind of deal where all their characters can appear together, maybe something like the deal with Sony to use Spider-Man. The main reason I believe this will happen some day is that money talks, and that is something both studios believe in. While they may be holding out for the best possible deal both know that there is a TON of money to be made by joining forces. I also believe that very little makes it to the big screen by accident. What I am about to reveal was carefully written in by the writers and shot as the director asked it to be done. I cannot accept it is just a coincidence. What does it mean? To me it means hope. We'll see what everyone else thinks soon. So towards the end of the movie, following the fight between Mystique and Magneto, when they are threatening Bolivar Trask and the President of the United States, Magneto flies off. Mystique starts walking through the wreckage and the camera follows her. Professor X was knocked out of the fight earlier and he is waiting with Hank McCoy. James McAvoy (the young professor) says to Nicholas Hoult (the young Beast), "There's going to be a time, Hank, when we are all together." It's kind of an odd remark, but given that the action is over and the film winding down most people would pay little attention to the line. And seemingly few people paid attention to what was being shown on the screen as these words were being uttered. After picking her way through the wreckage, for no apparent reason that makes any sense, Mystique stops. The camera zooms in and the image you see is:
    So what do YOU think?

Last edited October 4, 2015 3:16:41 am
    Tenzil
  • Posted: October 4, 2015 5:43:13 pm
  • Not sure what you're getting at, but im not sure i see it.
  • Posted: October 4, 2015 6:32:40 pm
  • What's important about the picture? It looks like an American flag behind her?
  • Posted: October 4, 2015 8:31:11 pm
  • Civil War? Kind of looks like Caps shield a bit.

Last edited October 4, 2015 8:31:38 pm
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: October 4, 2015 9:17:00 pm
  • Yeah, quite true! You never know.....I let my Dad borrow my copy but when I get it back I will have to watch it again. And GotG to see if I can find the mystery easter egg...
  • Posted: October 5, 2015 12:27:45 pm
  • Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree or seeing things that are not really there but look at the picture and read out the quote at the same time. Bryan Singer could have followed anyone after the fight but he chose Mystique. She could have shape shifted at any time but instead stayed blue and carefully walked to a designated spot where she stops while the camera zooms in. Maybe that symbol behind her (a single large white star in a blue background, surrounded by rings of red and white) does not represent Cap's shield but I'm hard pressed to guess what else it could be. It's not the flag - that has fifty small stars, not one large one - and I doubt he placed her there to demonstrate her patriotism. If so, where did that come from? The shot is so deliberate it is not just chance. So, if the meaning is not that "someday soon we will all be together." potentially meaning the X-Men and Avengers cinematic universes, that what else can it be? I'd love to hear dissenting opinions or those in agreement, so please let me know what you think!

Last edited October 5, 2015 12:28:10 pm
    Tenzil
  • Posted: October 5, 2015 12:33:22 pm
  • I'd love for it to be that!!

"All together" could mean the formal formation of the X-Men, or it could mean "united" as a people with "normal" humans, or it could mean that all of the mutants have to come together to destroy Apocalypse in the next movie.
  • Posted: October 5, 2015 3:03:17 pm
  • First thing I thought of when I saw that pic was the Iron Patriot.
    Osborne's version had red around the star and Rhodey's had blue (war machine).

If anybody does twitter (i don't) ask Bryan Singer and see what he says

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Last edited October 6, 2015 8:25:05 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: October 6, 2015 1:15:23 am
  • I hope someone can send him the link to this forum. I don't tweet either.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: October 6, 2015 7:05:55 am
  • I have twitter (don't use it much) but I have an account. What would you like me to say?
  • Posted: October 6, 2015 8:24:34 am
  • Just post a link to this forum and ask him if this is an Easter Egg or is it just coincidence.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: October 6, 2015 9:07:11 am
  • Ok, I tweeted him. Not sure if he will respond though....lol. *FINGERS CROSSED*

Last edited October 6, 2015 9:08:07 am
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • TokyoPop/Mixx's Acid Town Soft Cover # 5
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 28
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 39
  • Red 5 Comics's Lead City TPB # 1