feature requests

This is either brilliant or the dumbest idea Sony could have for the Spider Man franchise. (Comic Book Forums)

• This is either brilliant or the dumbest idea Sony could have for the Spider-Man franchise.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 11, 2014 11:03:48 am
  • this seems strange but i think maybe they might mean spidergirl and maybe they have the names mixed up... it would be funny if dc tried to top this with an alfred movie rofl Think
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
  • Posted: November 11, 2014 11:23:48 am
  • I wish Sony would just give up so Marvel studios could get Spider-Man back.
  • Posted: November 12, 2014 12:16:34 pm
  • What a horrible idea. It's a sign of desperation from Sony. They might as well just make the next trilogy based on the Clone Saga.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 12, 2014 11:30:28 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    What a horrible idea. It's a sign of desperation from Sony. They might as well just make the next trilogy based on the Clone Saga.

ShhhShame on you Don't give them any ideas.
  • Posted: November 17, 2014 2:02:32 pm
  • Sony is just throwing sh*t on the wall to see what sticks and make movies so they can hold on to the rights. Same with FOX in regards to FF. Everyone can see Marvel is totally disassociating themselves with the current FF that's in production.
  • Posted: November 17, 2014 4:33:54 pm
  • I had heard that Marvel was trying to entice Sony in to giving up the Spider-Man franchise. I hope they succeed so Spidey can appear in some of the Avengers films but it doesn't look promising.
    fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: November 19, 2014 11:10:35 am
  • I think Sony and Fox does stuff like this just to us off. They know how to push our buttons.....

What I hear Fox is doing with FF is just......unacceptable to me. Why ruin the first family of comics? I didn't think they 1st two FF movies were THAT bad....I really enjoyed them. They could have had more substance but it's ok. At least it stayed on track, and had a moral at the end.

I don't see how Aunt May can carry her own movie without Spider-Man. I think even a Sinister Six movie without Spider-Man is pushing it.

I was disappointed that ASM 1 and 2 didn't do as well as they had hoped for. Those 2 movies were good. I'm going to say better than the 1st trilogy.

But now, the bar is set with The Avengers for superhero movies. Anything that doesn't achieve the greatness of Avengers will be in its shadow. Sony and Fox better understand that.....fast; before they embarrass themselves.
  • Posted: November 20, 2014 9:47:23 pm
  • I know we are in the minority but I also liked the FF movies. While both movies could have been changed a little here and there to make them great, overall they are good. I get a little irked when I read people hating on them so much.

Sony has done pretty good by Spider-Man. All of the Spider-Man movies have been decent with both actors good at playing different versions/visions of Parker. The major trouble with the Spider-Man movies has been the inability to find "the one", perfect Peter Parker. I dub it the Christopher Reeve effect. Without a doubt Reeve was the perfect Superman. Everyone else before and after him will always be compared to him, and thus far none have measured to that standard. As soon as Sony finds their "Reeve" for Spidy - game over.
    Are you advertising that comic or trying to sell it?
  • Posted: November 21, 2014 12:29:34 pm
  • I think Andrew Garfield is a great Peter Parker, but for some reason the stories seem rushed in the 1st two movies. They aren't fleshed out enough. It's like there were a ton of ideas that they had for the film and they just kindof mashed them together into one movie. I think because of this the characters suffer. That's my opinion anyway.

I love Sam Raimi, but I think Spider-Man 3 suffered this way too. I don't really think it was what Raimi wanted. Tobey MacGuire was alright as Spider-Man too, but I overlooked his shortcomings because it was the first Spider-Man movie out there.

Garfield is what I envision for what Peter Parker would look like in the real world but when I say it feels rushed, there was little character development. They don't show where he works, there were only a few short scenes with Aunt May, almost no talk about Uncle Ben in ASM 2. It was more love story than anything. They didn't show the ANGST that makes Peter Parker who he is. They did that in the original movies moreso so maybe they didn't want to repeat that.
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 8
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 45
  • Image Comics's Monstress Issue # 50c
  • DC Comics's Supergirl Annual # 2