feature requests

Phase 3 MARVEL STUDIOS ANNOUNCES "CAPTAIN MARVEL," "BLACK PANTHER," "AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR" (Comic Book Forums)

• Phase 3 - MARVEL STUDIOS ANNOUNCES "CAPTAIN MARVEL," "BLACK PANTHER," "AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR"

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 28, 2014 3:23:09 pm
  • Read full article here - http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56670

"Let's talk about Phase Three," Feige said. First revelation: The full title of the third "Captain America" film is "Captain America: Serpent Society," which is scheduled for May 6, 2016.

Announced officially for Nov. 4, 2016: "Doctor Strange," which gets a logo reveal on the screen. "I think I've been talking about 'Doctor Strange' since the day I was born," Feige said. "Because I love it, because it's very important to us, and because it takes us a while to work on these movies.

"Guardians of the Galaxy 2" has a new release date: May 5, 2017. The film was originally announced for July of that year. A short video from Gunn plays on the screen, telling the fans he wanted to spend the "whole summer" with them.

Coming in July 28, 2017: "Thor: Ragnarok."

"Chris Hemsworth is returning as Thor, of course Tom HIddleston returning as Loki," Feige said. "This is a very important movie for us in the Phase Three timeline," he continued, comparing it to how "Captain America: Winter Soldier" also changed the course of Marvel Studios. The film will pick up where things are left off for Thor in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."

"Black Panther" is made official for Nov. 3, 2017 -- "T'Challa himself, and all of Wakanda" -- is coming to theaters on . "We have already started seeding things in the films leading up to this moment," Feige said, calling Black Panther one of the most exciting and integral Marvel characters. The film will be about the "isolationist nation" of Wakanda meeting the rest of the world, which may go well and may not

Another new character joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe: "Captain Marvel," set for July 6, 2018. "I want to make it very clear that this Captain Marvel's name is Carol Danvers," Feige said. This film has been in development almost as long as "Guardians of the Galaxy," according to Feige, who said the character straddles two worlds -- Earth-bound origins and outer space adventures.

Also in 2018: "Inhumans," which is set for Nov. 2, 2018.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: October 29, 2014 2:26:37 pm
  • I'm stoked about the Carol Danvers film. I hope they cast the perfect person to play the part. Who would you like to see?
  • Posted: October 29, 2014 6:18:12 pm
  • logerine said:
    I'm stoked about the Carol Danvers film. I hope they cast the perfect person to play the part. Who would you like to see?
    A lot of people think Katee Sackoff could. Or Jennifer Lawrence.
  • Posted: October 29, 2014 6:20:07 pm
  • Katee Sackhoff is one actress I do NOT want to see play Danvers. I didn't like her at all in Oculus. She is masculine.

Last edited October 29, 2014 6:21:02 pm
  • Posted: October 29, 2014 6:27:53 pm
  • Yeah, she's not a fav of mine either.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Titan Comics's Doctor Who: The Thirteenth Doctor - Holiday Special Issue # 1cbfk
  • Eroticon Productions's Frankfurter Funnies Issue # 2
  • Andrews McMeel Publishing's Full of Myself: A Graphic Memoir About Body Image Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Punk: Arms Race Issue # 2b