feature requests

Doctor Strange Movie (Comic Book Forums)

• Doctor Strange Movie

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 28, 2014 4:09:05 pm
  • JOAQUIN PHOENIX REPORTEDLY IN FINAL NEGOTIATIONS FOR "DOCTOR STRANGE"
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55154
    Joaquin Phoenix is rumored to be in final negotiations for the lead role in "Doctor Strange."
    Collider reports that three-time Oscar nominee Joaquin Phoenix is currently in final negotiations to star in Marvel Studios' "Doctor Strange" film. Phoenix was rumored to be in negotiations for the role as recently as July, but this is the first report of a deal getting to the final stages for the starring role of the upcoming Marvel film. His previous credits include "Gladiator," "Walk the Line," "Her," "The Master" and more -- he was also approached by Warner Bros. to play Lex Luthor in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice."

The character was teased as recently as "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," when Agent Jasper Sitwell called out "Stephen Strange" as one of the people of interest that Hydra might target to preemptively strike out at. When discussing the call-out with CBR News in April, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige clarified it was to confirm Doctor Strange definitely exists in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"We're definitely working very hard on trying to figure that out and get the right team in place on that," Feige said. "His mention was less about, 'We're going to announce it soon, let's put it out there!' and more about, 'No, he's definitely in the MCU.'"

If reports are accurate, Phoenix would be the first actor to join the "Doctor Strange" film, directed by Scott Derrickson. While no official confirmation has been given by the studio, Collider states that fans should "expect official confirmation from Marvel's end soon."
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 15, 2014 1:53:09 pm
  • Well it'll be interesting to see what Marvel comes up with. I'm not a fan of Dr. Strange. In fact I don't think I've ever met anyone who was a big fan. Never really considered him an A or even B list character. I'd rate him way below Ghost Rider and Punisher... maybe this movie will boost his popularity but it will have to be good.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: September 15, 2014 5:44:29 pm
  • Ironically I was looking at Strange Tales 110 on eBay this morning for fun. I was surprised to see how much that book is selling for. It is fifty one years old, but like Rapha implied, Dr. Strange seems more like a C-List character. There's no way I'd pay $2,500 for a CGC 6.0 copy of Strange Tales 110. Speak to the hand
  • Posted: October 1, 2014 12:35:49 pm
  • Just today I heard that things might not be working so well for Joaquin (as in getting the role) and lately been hearing that Ethan Hawke has been talked to about the role. Saw that on Dark Horizons this morning.
  • Posted: October 2, 2014 1:56:12 pm
  • Yup! It's Official...
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55960

PHOENIX NO LONGER IN "DOCTOR STRANGE" TALKS WITH MARVEL
    Deadline reports that Marvel Studios' talks with Joaquin Phoenix to play the lead in "Doctor Strange" have come to an end, and a deal was not reached. The publication also debunks recent rumors that Ethan Hawke has made a deal for the film's lead role.

Phoenix was first rumored to be in talks with Marvel during the course of Comic-Con International 2014 in July, and the actor was reportedly in final negotiations to play Doctor Strange at the end of August. With talks at an end, Deadline states that Marvel is already searching for new actors to star in the upcoming film directed by Scott Derrickson.

"Doctor Strange" has still not officially been announced by Marvel for its upcoming film schedule -- though many assume it will be the unannounced movie in the July 8, 2016 slot.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: October 2, 2014 5:21:32 pm
  • Hawke as Strange. Not talking
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Sutherland House Books's Mondo Tokyo: Dispatches from a Secret Japan Soft Cover # 1
  • GraphX Press's Morphs Issue # 2
  • David Heath Jr.'s No Sex Issue # 18
  • DC Comics's The Penguin Issue # 8b