feature requests

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) (Comic Book Forums)

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 15, 2014 9:55:15 pm
  • I watched TMNT 1990s version before seeing the new one tonight. Of course the F/X were more flashy, but I didn't think the storyline was much better than the original. I really missed Casey Jones in this new version.

Any thoughts from other viewers?
  • Posted: August 19, 2014 10:40:32 am
  • I’ll wait till it hits Netflix. I’m a huge Turtles fan but this is the first time I’m boycotting a Turtles movie. I just can’t get over the 6 ft steroid looking abomination of a design they went with. I hate the CGI. A lot of fans online were comparing their faces with Shrek and once you see it, it’s hard to unsee it.

I really just wish someone was daring enough to make a movie that was true to the original Mirage comics. No pupils in the eye, a dark tone, great fighting scenes, etc. Laird had the opportunity back in 2007 and that movie was ok but could have been better. At least the Nick toon series has been fun to watch. You can tell that the animators and writers working on that have a love for the characters.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: August 19, 2014 4:18:56 pm
  • I was going to wait for the DVD, but my niece wanted me to see it with her. Shriek didn't really come to mind while I was watching it. I agree that the giant turtles was off, and it kind of reminded me of Hollywood going with the tall Wolverine, which I hate.
  • Posted: August 19, 2014 6:12:04 pm
  • agreed on waiting until it hits netflix... just dont have much interest
  • Posted: August 20, 2014 8:42:11 am
  • I don't like the way the turtles look. But I hear the story is quite a saving grace. Haven't seen it, so I hope it turns up that way.
  • Posted: August 26, 2014 12:12:53 am
  • logerine said:
    I watched TMNT 1990s version before seeing the new one tonight. Of course the F/X were more flashy, but I didn't think the storyline was much better than the original. I really missed Casey Jones in this new version.

Any thoughts from other viewers?

I believe I read that it was confirmed Casey Jones will be in the sequel. Very Happy Dancing
    There's no safety in numbers, when I'm part of the equation
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1d
  • Tempo Books's Steve Canyon Soft Cover # 17058-2
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 463b
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 505c