feature requests

RYAN REYNOLDS' "DEADPOOL" TEST FOOTAGE SURFACES (Comic Book Forums)

• RYAN REYNOLDS' "DEADPOOL" TEST FOOTAGE SURFACES

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 28, 2014 4:30:34 pm
  • I don't understand what the studio is waiting for. This movie needs to get made.
  • Posted: July 29, 2014 4:44:43 am
  • I am not going to hate on Deadpool here, but I can explain exactly why this movie will not happen, and it's because Deadpool doesn't make money.

Deadpool's game while awesome, tanked, it sold about 180,000 copies, granted games are a lot more expensive than movie tickets, they also tend to cost more to make. It's metacritic score, (for all that means) is only a 60. Those 180,000 copies are jsut about all your Deadpool fans, who saw OMG Deadpool game! and bought it, most everyone else were like mehh another beat em up game, pass... this is important.

His Comics don't sell well either, they get a large amount of hype at the start and it slowly dies off later. As many comic fans go mehh Deadpool being Deadpool, slapping him into another comic works great, running on his own... not so much.

Until Deadpool can appeal to more than just Deadpool fans, a movie will never happen. AS much as I'd like to pretend the reason we keep getting super hero stuff blowing up is us comic nerds, it's not. The Avengers movie appeals to a much wider audience, until Deadpool can do that, it just wont fly, this 'accidental released footage.' is likely a test to see if something happens, the game only made 9 mil, which sounds like a lot of money, but look at what The Avengers made, and it's chump change.

Should the movie be made, most certainly, but that isn't how capitalism works. No one will pony up the millions of dollars it takes to make a movie when they wont expect to make it back. Ryan Reynolds alone doesn't come cheap. Ryan Reynolds alone could cost as much as the Deadpool game made. It's just not reasonably gonna happen.

This has exactly nothing to do with my argument, but every time I see Ryan Reynolds I just want to punch his face. I have no idea why, everything I hear about the guy tells me he is honestly a great person, I am sure if I did punch his face I would feel really bad afterwards, I'd still do it though.
    I do not sell my comics, but I am certainly willing to trade with others. If I have something you want let me know, I'm currently looking for the holes in my hack/slash series.
  • Posted: July 29, 2014 12:58:29 pm
  • If what you say is true, it makes me wonder how movies like The Crow, Hellboy, R.I.PD., and Cowboys and Aliens got made.
  • Posted: July 29, 2014 9:43:03 pm
  • I would argue with the assumption that Deadpool doesnt appeal to non deadpool folks... i wasnt necessarily a deadpool person until this latest run, but his comic, I would argue, is one of the best ones at this moment.
  • Posted: July 30, 2014 1:26:32 am
  • I am not saying Deadpool is bad, but well written has nothing to do with Hollywood, Micheal Bay is literally all I need to say about that. He just doesn't make enough money to warrant the risk for producers. AS to answer Logerine, I can do that in order

The Crow: Nintes Gothic movie appealed at the time, and was very cheap (by movie standards) to have made. The plug was almost pulled before Brandon died and they knew they could run that angle, and it worked.

Hellboy has run for years and years, and it was del Toro's baby, and really expensive, and the second movie was worse, and that's why it's not a trilogy. I don't mean golden army is a worse movie that is up to personal debate, I mean it cost even more than the first movie.

R.I.P.D: We can make another Men In Black, seriously that's how that happened, we can basically clone another Men In Black, Watch the first MIB, and that movie side by side and tell me they are different movies, Aliens and Dead People that's t he difference. It didn't work by the way, movie did terrible.

CvA: It wasn't that expensive, and honestly I couldn't tell you. Coke... the answer is likely coke. As in the powder, not the beverage.

Last edited July 30, 2014 4:43:13 pm
    I do not sell my comics, but I am certainly willing to trade with others. If I have something you want let me know, I'm currently looking for the holes in my hack/slash series.
  • Posted: July 30, 2014 9:49:10 am
  • In my opinion, if they are going to make a Deadpool movie it needs to be true Deadpool. Hard R, lots of 4th wall breaking, tons of violence. I stayed away from the game just because I didn't need another time sink but I would gladly watch a movie. RR as DP in the Wolverine Origins movie was pretty much my favorite part until they screwed it up in the end. He is the only actor I could see in the role as his spastic attitude just fits (thinking like Hannibal King from Blade Trinity).
    Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on: we set up your computers, we deliver your email, we connect your calls, we backup your files, we guard your networks while you sleep. Do not %@&# with us. - paraphrased from Fight Club

• Posted: July 30, 2014 1:01:12 pm
  • PRawlins,

You say that Deadpool doesn't make money and his comics do not sell well. Surely he is more marketable than the franchises I mentioned in my earlier post. And surely he sells more comics than R.I.P.D., Cowboys and Aliens and even Hellboy. You can visit your local Wal-Mart's t-shirt aisle and find Deadpool t- now along with Spider-Man, Batman, TMNT, etc. I feel that you may be underestimating his popularity. Making Iron Man with RDJ was a gamble and it paid off. Making Green Lantern with RR was a gamble and it flopped. I believe making a Deadpool film is worth the risk if the screenplay is excellent, the casting is spot on, and the director understands what the fans want.
  • Posted: July 30, 2014 4:47:37 pm
  • I'm not saying it's not worth it Logerine, I am super okay with a Deadpool movie happening, when Hollywood has to do something new they get nervous, they want to see numbers. Deadpools game is a failure by game standards.

We have some hard R Superhero movies, Watchman, Kick , ect. Th hard R is what is making Fox nervous about this, I am very much aware how popular Deadpool is, I am, but popularity doesn't translate into dollars always, if that makes sense.
18 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Tidal Wave Productions's Milestones of Art: Pablo Picasso - Me, the King Hard Cover # 1
  • David Heath Jr.'s No Sex Issue # 6
  • PS Artbooks's PS Artbooks: Green Lama Facsimile Edition Issue # 7
  • New Heroes Comics's The Unconventionals Issue # 1