feature requests

Free 17 min. IMAX sneak preview of Guardians of the Galaxy and a free poster. (Comic Book Forums)

• Free 17 min. IMAX sneak preview of Guardians of the Galaxy and a free poster.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 27, 2014 12:25:37 pm
  • Marvel is giving fans a special 17® minute IMAX preview of Guardians of the Galaxy on Monday July 7 at theaters across the US, Canada, and London.

Fans who attend this sneak peek will also receive a limited-edition collectible Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” IMAX poster!

http://www.seeitfirst.net/pin/552287

Last edited June 27, 2014 1:06:10 pm
    fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: June 27, 2014 6:31:33 pm
  • I saw this and really wanted to go, unfortunately ill be traveling on the 7th
  • Posted: June 29, 2014 9:45:25 pm
  • Cool! It's playing at my favourite cinema.
  • Posted: July 2, 2014 9:06:31 pm
  • I actually am not going to be traveling on the 7th, and have already secured tickets!!
  • Posted: July 8, 2014 10:31:22 pm
  • By the way, went and watched this, and am now more excited for this movie than I was even for the Avengers...

Watched iGNs takeaway on this tonight, and they said they came away with muted expectations, but I disagree wholeheartedly. I am more pumped for this movie than ever!

Everyone needs to help spread the word, because this is a huge chance Marvel is taking. But I cant wait, and the movie is looking really good.

I am predicting that first week numbers wont be huge, but hopefully word of mouth will mean that second and third week numbers dont see huge drop offs. I do not want this movie to tank. Its just too good!
  • Posted: July 14, 2014 9:42:11 pm
  • I don't know Tex. I don't think those first week numbers are going to be too shabby. They may just surprise you. I was iffy on GOTG thinking it might just be TOO campy. Nope! I'm looking forward to it now too. I'm a little worried about Dave Bautista but I like what they did with Rocket Raccoon. Should be pretty good.
  • Posted: July 17, 2014 7:33:16 pm
  • Apparently pre order numbers are tracking it to be 50M on opening weekend, so its looking good so far

I may indeed be wrong
  • Posted: July 26, 2014 4:02:38 pm
  • The actual IMAX viewings are getting another free poster. The preview poster was pretty awesome, but the new one looks great too!
    http://facomics.com/ First Appearance Comics and Games - A site for comic fans, from comic fans. News, reviews, cosplay, and special looks at first appearances and costumes.
  • Posted: July 28, 2014 3:41:10 pm
  • O.k. Tex and everybody else. I saw Guardians of the Galaxy on Saturday and it's great! It has a "Star Wars" kind of feel to it. Dave Bautista wasn't as bad as I thought he was going to be and, of course, Rocket Raccoon stole the show. I'll probably go see it again. Sadly, there is no post credits teaser so you don't need to sit there. Looking forward to the sequel!
31 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Fall of the House of X Issue # 4
  • Schanes & Schanes's Forgotten Beasts Issue nn
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 83b
  • Kodansha Comics's Vinland Saga  Hard Cover # 2deluxe