feature requests

Gotham TV Series (Comic Book Forums)

• Gotham TV Series

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 11, 2014 3:59:46 pm
  • Fox's GOTHAM Casts Four Including THE PENGUIN & ALFRED
    The population of Gotham, Fox's upcoming Batman origin drama, is rising fast after the weekend announcement of Ben McKenzie being cast as the lead role, James Gordon .

THR reports that four more actors have joined the cast, including a police captain, a love interest, a butler, and a villain. Robin Lord Taylor, Zabryna Guevara, Sean Pertwee, and Erin Richards come into Gotham with three out of the four characters being very recognizable names to comic book fans.

Read more - http://www.newsarama.com/20291-fox-s-gotham-casts-four-including-the-penguin-alfred.html
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: February 11, 2014 5:56:28 pm
  • Wow, I had no idea, this looks great!Applause
  • Posted: February 12, 2014 8:44:59 pm
  • They made another exciting cast announcement today as well. Donal Logue joined the cast as Harvey Bullock. He's a great actor with some comic experience with Blade and Ghost Rider, so I'm looking forward to him in the show.
    http://facomics.com/ First Appearance Comics and Games - A site for comic fans, from comic fans. News, reviews, cosplay, and special looks at first appearances and costumes.
  • Posted: February 12, 2014 8:48:18 pm
  • I was so disappointed with agents if shield. This looks like it will be much better!!
    I'm not saying....I'm just saying...
  • Posted: May 13, 2014 8:12:15 am
  • I am looking forward to this one. I wonder how far they will take it...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: May 14, 2014 8:37:41 pm
  • I wasnt really that excited .... until I saw the trailer. Now itll definitly be on my dvr list.

To be honest though, the one thing that has me worried is all the young villians they included. I thought the show was really supposed to be about gotham before all that.. just gangs and whatnot.

I think its fine to use a young bruce wayne SPARINGLY and show him growing up and whatnot, but including a young penguin, joker, poison ivy, etc makes me worried its gonna become tiny tots supervillian vs cops...
  • Posted: May 14, 2014 8:43:03 pm
  • Yeah...I am a little worried as you don't really have the villains without Batman...and I thought this was all a precursor.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: May 14, 2014 8:58:12 pm
  • I just honestly dont understand how they are going to do it... too much supervillaining without a super hero is just gonna be wierd.

Still, it was a great trailer, and like i said i wasnt that excited about the show until the trailer... and now i am!
  • Posted: May 16, 2014 9:22:23 pm
  • I don't think we're going to get supervillains. I think it's going to be much more about how EVERYONE got to be who they were as adults, but focus on Gordon. So we'll see Edward Nigma, Selena Kyle, etc, but they aren't going to be a big focus necessarily and they definitely WON'T be The Riddler, Catwoman, etc. But we'll see them as normal humans who slowly drift and adapt toward being the supervillains they become later.

Personally, I'm quite interested. This has the potential to be absolutely fantastic.
  • Posted: May 17, 2014 9:12:55 am
  • Isnt that just going to become frustrating after a while though? To constantly allude to them being villains, but never see them in such a way... I just wonder if it wouldnt have been smarter to just let the show stand on its own feet, without the allusions to the supers
42 posts • Page 1 of 5
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Archie Comics Group's Archie & Friends: Hot Rod Racing Issue # 1the616-b
  • DC Comics's City Boy TPB # 1
  • Ben and Don Chin's Overload Issue # 4
  • DC Comics's Titans Issue # 10f