feature requests

Fantastic Four #49 (Comic Book Forums)

• Fantastic Four #49

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 22, 2016 3:31:00 pm
  • This and #48 look about the same grade to me. A 4 is about as good as it can get; especially with all the blunt corners.
  • Posted: July 23, 2016 3:11:31 am
  • My turn to agree with Mr. Han. Probably a solid 4 with an outside chance of being graded up to 4.5.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: July 23, 2016 10:30:15 am
  • Thanks for the feedback guys!
    I'm right there with you on the 48, that's where I had it graded as well. But I'm just curious why you feel the 49 is the same grade. mrhan mentioned the blunt corners, which I understand, but they are allowed in 5.0 range as well, and in my opinion the copy of 49 looks a lot better. Other than the corners there is no major defects, no tears or spine splits.
    Just curious so I can learn, or if it's maybe a case of the pictures being difficult to assess. Held side by side the copy of 49 has much more eye appeal than the 48.
  • Posted: July 23, 2016 11:36:33 am

I downloaded the front cover and looked at it in photoshop. As you can see it gave a bit more detail of the picture you uploaded. Besides the mentioned blunt corners there are quite a few spine tics and the top (which in itself is hard to find in good condition) is pretty rough. The cover has various dents on it, also. At least those that I can see. However, the color and gloss is very good. I hope that helps. Smile
  • Posted: July 23, 2016 1:53:29 pm
  • I am as far from a professional comic book grader as you can imagine, and you have to remember we are working with only the photos you have provided. What I do in this section, as well as for my own books, is put them through the online grader available at e-bigs.net/freetool.php and see what answer comes out. Both of your books scored a 4.5 when I put them through, but knowing I can't assess the damage as well as I could by holding them in person I allowed for a half point decline. I'd be pleased to be proven wrong - those are great books as I recall from putting out my twelve cents for each back in the day, and like Mr. Han says, your colors and the gloss looks really good for fifty year old books! The inside pages look quite good as well. Good luck with them!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: July 23, 2016 8:35:24 pm
  • Thanks for the feedback and the expanded explanation guys! Very insightful
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Entropy Enterprises's Entropy Tales Issue # 4
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 12
  • David Heath Jr.'s No Sex Issue # 6
  • DC Comics's Superman/Batman Issue # 12