feature requests

Strange Tales #180 (Comic Book Forums)

• Strange Tales #180

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 6, 2016 7:00:16 pm
  • Tell me what you think. I know it's rough, but I got it for $0.43 so whatever you guys think, I'm not complaining, lol.

• Posted: April 7, 2016 2:19:46 am
  • I think this book was a steal at less than 50 cents but I would grade it around 3.5 to 4.0, no higher than that. On the other hand I am not a professional grader so take that for what it is worth!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 7, 2016 9:21:39 am
  • I would say a 3.0. That spine roll and the scuffs on the front and back are really noticeable. Otherwise, a bargain at 43 cents. That's an odd price; why not 45 cents or 40 cents? Laughing
  • Posted: April 7, 2016 9:24:38 am
  • My LCS had a sale - fill a Diamond box for $30. It fits about 70 books so if you divide $30 by 70 books you get about 43 cents.

The back cover on the top is actually torn but the piece is still intact. There are a few spine tears too near the upper staple unfortunately which don't show up in the scans.

There is also some pencil on the top of the cover page.
  • Posted: April 7, 2016 10:44:12 am
  • I happen to have the issue right after that one. I don't know how or when I acquired it but it's my only issue of that title. It's not in that great of a condition, either.

• Posted: April 7, 2016 5:21:42 pm
  • Cool! Looks better than mine!
  • Posted: April 8, 2016 1:56:34 am
  • First appearance of Gamora . . . great bargain irrespective of the condition. Congrats!
  • Posted: April 8, 2016 6:59:42 am
  • Thanks! I probably wouldn't spend $200 or however much they are going for for a high grade copy so this will have to do!

Maybe I'll get it pressed one day.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman: Off-World Issue # 4c
  • Oni Press's Jill and the Killers Issue # 4
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's Revenge: Mrs. Wrong Soft Cover # 2
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 20