feature requests

Graded Comics Value (Comic Book Forums)

• Graded Comics Value

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 15, 2016 11:44:06 am
  • It appears to me that there's no possibility to set the value of graded comics. Apparently there's no way to get it via the website, but there's also no possibility to insert it manually! Would it be possible to at least make the Value button editable if the book is slabbed?
  • Posted: March 15, 2016 2:57:54 pm
  • can you post this in the general question forum or feature requests
    thanks

t
    t
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: March 15, 2016 8:31:06 pm
  • There is actually a lot of debate on this...if a 9.4 graded sells for $x then shouldn't that be the value of ALL 9.4's regardless of whether they are slabbed or not? Maybe a small premium like $30-50 for the process?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 16, 2016 8:28:39 am
  • dough boy said:
    There is actually a lot of debate on this...if a 9.4 graded sells for $x then shouldn't that be the value of ALL 9.4's regardless of whether they are slabbed or not? Maybe a small premium like $30-50 for the process?

Yup. It's only worth what a person is willing to pay for it. Personally, I would never buy a slabbed book. I've always found raw mint copies of the books I'm searching for and it's a whole lot less.
  • Posted: March 16, 2016 9:52:15 am
  • I think that for a graded book you pay for the following:

- the actual book with some grade
    - the grading process (let's say 20-30$)
    - the fact that you don't have to wait 3-6-9 months for book to return from grading
    - the fact that grading is done by a third party

So it makes sense they are worth more - I would say generally + 60-80$ compared to the normal book. If the difference for the graded book is more than 60-80$ I won't buy it.
  • Posted: March 16, 2016 10:18:31 am
  • you also run into issues with cgc vs cbcs...cgc seems to be more popular and more valuable to collectors then cbcs...

not to mention i feel pricing for graded books is kinda all over the map...hard to get a fix on it unless pricing is broken down and editable by grade...rough lol
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: March 16, 2016 2:44:17 pm
  • Let's say that the consensus is that a graded book on average would have a premium of $30 attached to it. What happens if a certain number of graded books for a specific issue are selling for an average price of $25. Does that mean an ungraded copy of the same book in the same condition is worth -$5, or devalues your collection by $5?
  • Posted: March 29, 2016 10:39:42 pm
  • i have about 50 CGC slabbed books. i just add a note in the notes section to indicate that. i have paid over the value of a raw book that has been slabbed i put the price i paid in and it shows it at a loss.. oh well i have signed books in the SS CGC the book itself is only worth $15 but i paid 80 so in my collection is show a 65 dollar loss. i know when i go to sell it what i paid and what i need to sell it for. doesnt bother me

You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: April 8, 2016 11:23:01 am
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    you also run into issues with cgc vs cbcs...cgc seems to be more popular and more valuable to collectors then cbcs...

not to mention i feel pricing for graded books is kinda all over the map...hard to get a fix on it unless pricing is broken down and editable by grade...rough lol
    Great point about the different grading companies having different values. You would basically need columns for each different company, which is ridiculous.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Whatnot Publishing's Assassins Creed: The Fall Issue # 1b
  • Schanes & Schanes's Curse of the Ring Issue n
  • Mad Cave Studios's Love Me: A Romance Story Issue # 1b
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 81b