feature requests

Booster Gold #1 (Comic Book Forums)

• Booster Gold #1

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 27, 2015 8:27:59 pm
  • Found this today in the $1 bins at my LCS!

It's in pretty good shape considering it was in an old dirty bag with no board!

The question I have is....notice on the top there is some white discoloration. Anyone have this on their copy? It almost looks like it wasn't cut properly but the cover is not off centre. I'm wondering if it's a printing defect?? Feel free to right-click on the image, save it to your computer, and zoom in to see it closer. I wish I could upload higher quality images to CBR....

How much do you think it would affect the grade? The book only has a few minor spine dings and the two bottom corners are a bit "eared". But other than that it's a good looking book, especially for how it was being kept! Don't worry Mr. Gold, you are safe now! =)

Thanks

" target="_blank">Image

Last edited December 29, 2015 10:49:02 am
  • Posted: December 28, 2015 3:14:47 am
  • Nice find Mr. Wilson, most definitely well worth your investment! I have no copies of this book, nor have I seen any so I am of no help to you there. On the other hand the white line on top definitely looks like it at least could be a printers defect, but even if not you definitely scored with this one!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: December 28, 2015 6:40:44 pm
  • It could be, I'm not sure. If you look real closely at the top right corner of the book you will see a few different colours including magenta and cyan, which are probably the colours that would have to combine to make the black ink that the cover is using, so it's almost like it wasn't cut right when it was printed.

I noticed some raw books on ebay look like they have been trimmed but there is no way to know for sure, but the DC logo is cut off at the time where mine is showing the entire circle and the 1 in 1st is starting to get cut off as well on some of the issues.

I don't know how badly this will affect the grade if it is not a printers defect.....anyone know?
  • Posted: December 29, 2015 3:48:07 am
  • According to my grading tool the best you could hope for would be 6.5 if the rest of the book is perfect, and if it not judged to be a printers flaw it could easily drop to 4.5. But take that for what it is worth - I am far from a grading expert!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: December 29, 2015 7:36:48 am
  • Crappy!

Maybe I should get it trimmed? Then it would be considered a restored grade but I mean I don't plan on selling it or grading it right now. I wasn't sure if printing defects affected the grade or not.
  • Posted: December 29, 2015 2:01:26 pm
  • Yeah do not trim. Alteration to the book would only lower the value/ they also check for that when grading.
  • Posted: January 1, 2016 6:26:52 pm
  • Upload to a place like photobucket.com Then you can use higher quality images...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Studio Snowlion's Amusing Tales Issue # 1
  • DC Comics's Starman - Compendium TPB # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Thanos Issue # 4c
  • Graphix's The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids Hard Cover # 4