feature requests

ASM #113 (Comic Book Forums)

• ASM #113

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 27, 2015 4:17:21 pm
  • Need your expertise grading skills on this one.

TIA

Last edited November 22, 2015 11:34:10 am
  • Posted: August 31, 2015 3:53:41 pm
  • "Grade my comic... please". I have a buyer and could really use someone else's opinion on this one.

Last edited August 31, 2015 3:55:00 pm
  • Posted: August 31, 2015 7:34:19 pm
  • 6.5 and here is my explanation.....I do believe it's higher than mid grade and where with the spine and scuffing I see on the front and back I would normally pit this at a vf. And not anywhere near mint but this is not my biggest concern.....the page quality is and what I do see is maybe some cream to tanning on the inside pages and this would bring my opinion of a very fine down a little more towards a 6 but I think it has a lot of good things going for it like no rips or tears and no lots and color lifts and no greater than 5mm creases and whatnot ...no major stains that I can see no bigger problem and those staples look far from shiny
    but the page quality would bring an otherwise ten down to a 9.4 or 9.2 so I'm thinking my first impression of a very fine might lean a little more towards a fine or fine plus
    So my guess would be a 6.5

Last edited August 31, 2015 8:11:50 pm
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
  • Posted: September 1, 2015 2:49:41 am
  • I'm not claiming to be an expert by any means but it is in quite good shape and personally I would estimate at least a 7.5 and possibly a little bit higher. The corners are in pretty good shape, the cover looks very good, the spine quite solid. It is mainly the staples and the page color that brings it down.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 1, 2015 11:00:26 am
  • I bet if CGC graded it it would be no lower than an 8. You've got to remember CGC grades on a curve depending on the age and rarity of the book. (even though they say they don't Whistle

Last edited September 1, 2015 11:00:50 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 1, 2015 12:22:35 pm
  • This bronze age book is neither aged nor is it rare.....it would be graded just like coppers and moderns whatever you'd like to call it. But if it was a golden age book I think they would grade it on a curve and I don't think that's a hidden truth
  • Posted: September 3, 2015 12:57:00 am
  • I would have probably given this a 7 FN/VF.
  • Posted: September 4, 2015 8:00:55 pm
  • Yeah the more I think about it the more I think I am wrong and maybe it's lower than fine and maybe more towards mid grade or vg especially when I look at the back cover.....there are some good 7.5 and 8.0 and vf books on eBay for less than what cbr has it listed at now even graded than have some pure white looking back covers and even pages but yeah idk I am not a company.
  • Posted: September 5, 2015 3:28:59 am
  • I don't have time to look at both of them tonight so I will limit my comments to #115. What a great looking comic! Assuming there are no major flaws we can't see I think it could possibly grade as high as 9.4. Certainly no lower than 9.0 imho.
    Tenzil
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Special # 15
  • Schanes & Schanes's Curse of the Ring Issue n
  • National Fire Protection Association's Hawthorn-Mellody Farms Dairy Comics Issue nn
  • Thames & Hudson's How to Draw a Graphic Novel Soft Cover # 1