feature requests

The Amazing Spiderman Annual 1 1964 (Comic Book Forums)

• The Amazing Spiderman Annual 1 1964

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 27, 2015 11:00:50 pm
  • Hi guys. I have this copy of Spidey annual 1 and I was hoping some of you experts could give me your opinions on the grade. I think it is a 1.5 but I want a second third or even tenth opinion. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

So what do you guys think of what grade it is???? Like I said I think it is a 1.5.
    Spiderman's biggest fan. Even though I'm Spidey's biggest fan I prefer Doc Ock to Spidey lol.
  • Posted: June 28, 2015 3:31:09 am
  • I am not a grading expert by any means so please wait for more qualified people to chime in, but to me it looks like the cover is completely, or largely, detached and that it is, or was held together with some tape. If this is so I am not sure it would even earn a grade of 1.0. I could easily be wrong, however.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: June 29, 2015 8:35:55 am
  • Definitely not a grader in ANY sense of the word, but I think based on what we can see the comic generally seems in a readable condition, even though the cover is detached. I don't know how the addition of sticky tape could affect the comic, but at the potential grade it probably makes no difference . . . my opinion would be between 1.0 - 1.5 maximum grade.

Still a nice addition to any collection if you're not too finicky about grade Smile
  • Posted: June 30, 2015 4:10:17 pm
  • Firstly, an excellent addition to your collection. Congratulations!

I have read that detached typically will max out at Good (2.0) and that is with everything else being pretty stellar. It appears the pages / structure is solid and even a nice color on the pages. I have to assume that a detached, torn in half, held together by tape will really be the killer here. Given the above points, I would put it at 0.5 to maybe 1.

I am not a professional grader, but that is what I would guess. I think the way it hits a 1 is if the insides really are as nice as they appear.

Again, though, what a lovely addition in any condition Smile

- Craig Coffman
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Rebellion's 2000 A.D. Issue # 2377
  • Commercial Comics's Oh, My Achin' Back! Issue nn
  • Rocky Pond Books's Puzzled Hard Cover # 1
  • Artists Writers & Artisans's U & I  Issue # 3