feature requests

Fantastic Four #67 (Comic Book Forums)

• Fantastic Four #67

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 28, 2015 10:19:35 pm
  • My assumption of it is 5.5-5.0. What does anyone else think?

• Posted: April 28, 2015 10:32:28 pm
  • If the rest of the book was in better shape but the subscription crease was still there, I'd say 5.0 max. But the top left corner has a good amount of wear and is rounded. The bottom left, too, has some wear and rounding but to a lesser extent. Also, there are color-breaking spine stress marks and some tanning to the cover that has lost some of it's reflectivity. So 4.5 max but I feel more comfortable in giving it a 4.0 without seeing the condition of the back cover or any of the interior pages.
  • Posted: April 29, 2015 1:03:40 am
  • Well said sir, thanks for you input
  • Posted: April 29, 2015 2:39:51 am
  • I have to agree with the Bobarian. My initial thought was around 4.0 - 4.5 max, so let's say 4.0 until we see more of the book. What a shame they had to mail subscription books like that back in the day!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: June 17, 2015 1:12:05 pm
  • Tenzil said:
    I have to agree with the Bobarian. My initial thought was around 4.0 - 4.5 max, so let's say 4.0 until we see more of the book. What a shame they had to mail subscription books like that back in the day!

I think that all the time. I see lovely copies with the huge color breaking stripe down the middle and I am saddened. Especially as that has nothing to do with the owner not caring for the book.

IMHO I would cap this at 4 for expectations, potentially lower with other unseen factors. Plus, if it then does come back at 4.5+ then it is like a little victory!

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: June 27, 2015 1:50:23 am
  • Well with the subscription crease, the spine damage and the damaged top left corner I would have to say it is a 4.5. But also the inside has to be seen because the cover could look like a 9.8 but the inside could be all torn up and bent.
    Spiderman's biggest fan. Even though I'm Spidey's biggest fan I prefer Doc Ock to Spidey lol.
  • Posted: June 30, 2015 3:30:51 pm
  • Spidey'sbiggestfan said:
    Well with the subscription crease, the spine damage and the damaged top left corner I would have to say it is a 4.5. But also the inside has to be seen because the cover could look like a 9.8 but the inside could be all torn up and bent.

I certainly agree. The inside definitely plays a part in what the overall grade will be. Particularly if there are cuts or markings. The back cover, too. I am poor at checking the back of a book myself before purchase, even though I know to.

- Craig Coffman
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dada Gumbo Press's History and Techniques of Surrealism Issue nn
  • Kodansha Comics's King in Limbo: Omnibus Soft Cover # 2
  • Chronicle Books's Star Wars: Dad Jokes Hard Cover # 1
  • Al Barrett's The Mightiest Issue # 5