feature requests

Superman #1 [64 Page] [1939] (Comic Book Forums)

• Superman #1 [64 Page] [1939]

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 23, 2015 1:12:58 am
  • I'm putting this on here on behalf of a friend of mine, he has given it to me to grade and price for him.
    But given the comic, I thought i'd best also get a second opinion concerning both.
    I've taken as many photos as I can without over handling the comic.
    So any honest feedback would be greatly appreciated.

There is no rips on the inside pages, only the covers, staples and pages are all intact and aren't rusted.
    Pages are off-white.

If more photos are needed, let me know.
    I've tried to post the photos as large as I can.
    Thanks for your time. Smile

Last edited April 23, 2015 1:13:52 am
  • Posted: April 23, 2015 2:08:09 am
  • First of all, please tell your friend I will offer him ten bucks for the book, sight unseen! LOL! Looks like he might just be sitting on a gold mine! I would really like to see photos of the complete front and back covers, and one complete inside page would be good as well. Given what I can see I'm going to guess it might come in as a Very Good 4.0 or something like that, which I would bet is still worth a very pretty penny. Just remember I am by no means a professional grader or anything like that.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 23, 2015 10:18:18 pm
  • Since it's a Famous First Edition with the cover removed I would give it no grade. It's basically worthless so I hope he didn't pay much for it.

Last edited April 23, 2015 10:25:55 pm
  • Posted: April 24, 2015 2:05:26 am
  • Now I'm just confused. Like I said, I'm the farthest thing from a professional grader and I probably estimated too high but where is the cover removed? Loose, certainly and with some damage along the spine to be sure. What am I missing here?
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 24, 2015 6:26:26 am
  • Tenzil it is a famous first edition reprint. The famous first editions are jumbo in size. They have a different cover and when it's removed you see the whole book basically in reprint. The measurements are a key give away.
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
  • Posted: April 24, 2015 7:45:51 am
  • a missing cover would make it an incomplete comic so ...... 0.5
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
14 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Issue # 54
  • Archie Comics Group's Betty & Veronica: Friends Forever - Sleepover Issue # 1stadium-c
  • Image Comics's The Weatherman Issue # 4
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 12b