feature requests

Amazing Spider Man #361 (Comic Book Forums)

• Amazing Spider-Man #361

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 11, 2015 5:26:11 pm
  • Recent eBay Purchase.
    Sold as:
    "1st appearance of Carnage! Not a professional grader, but as an experienced collector, comic is an apparent NM, appears flawless."

Areas of concern (Was not aware of at all while purchasing, Besides possible spine wear):
    Staples
    Spine
    2x Barely Perceptible Indentations
    Tear on Rear Cover
    -
    All circled above.

White to Off-White Pages.

I'm new to hardcore grading and have an idea of grade.
    I'll wait and see what you guys say before I throw it out there and see how close I am.

- JDB
  • Posted: April 15, 2015 8:06:30 am
  • No one giving it a shot? Well I am no expert. And you need a full image of the back of comic (not there right?), can't judge the length of that tear. I would guess between a VF/NM to VF+ . would rate it at 8.8. Hope that helps.
  • Posted: April 15, 2015 12:41:58 pm
  • Woops, Forgot to snap a pic of the full back. I'll get one a little later.

For now here is the front and back shots from the ebay seller:

If anyone needs any more pics, Let me know and I'll get those for you as well.

As for the tear on the back, It's about half a staple length.
    And judging by many copies on ebay, Looks to have happened at the factory. Some even carried over to the cover.
    There was even a couple CGC9.6 with a tear in the same location.

PS: Thanks everyone.

- JDB
  • Posted: April 23, 2015 1:03:47 am
  • I picked up five of these when they first came out and two have the little tears. It is from production so if you were to send it in for grading and they know about this as a production defect they may go easier on it. If they do go a little easy probably a 9.0 with a smaller chance at a 9.2 since there is some wear on the spine that breaks color and creases a little.
  • Posted: April 23, 2015 12:34:07 pm
  • Thanks Nightrob,
    In person it looks really really good and mostly the staples/wear around them stick out as the main damage point until you look deeper.
    A 9.2 is where I was at, But... I was hoping it might squeek by as a 9.4. Oh well.

- JDB

Last edited April 23, 2015 12:35:50 pm
  • Posted: April 24, 2015 3:21:44 pm
  • @ Aesthrtikz...
    You very well might get that 9.4. Many times professional graders are lenient with production flaws and there are other factors to look at as well. I sent a Shazam #8 to CBCS and was expecting a 8.5 and hoping for a 9.0. I even put it up on this forum months back and got the same opinion, that it was probably an 8.5. It came back a 9.2. So I may have been a little strict with my opinion of your book. Ya never know. Regardless, it looks nice and is definitely a modern key!
  • Posted: April 29, 2015 12:14:17 am
  • 9.0 strict grading but would probably come back a 9.2
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Oni Press's Rick And Morty Presents: Finals Week Brawlher Issue # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Mace Windu Issue # 3c
  • Marvel Comics's The Sensational She-Hulk Issue # 7b
  • Skybound's The Walking Dead: Deluxe Issue # 87b