feature requests

What do you think? (Comic Book Forums)

• What do you think?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 6, 2015 1:12:39 am
  • This one's tough. Parts of it look really great - the cover appears to be flat and vibrant - and then there are others that aren't - like the bottom staple wear and uneven paper discoloration. Probably in VG+ to VG/FN condition so I think a 4.5 to 5.0 would be about what I would give it. Remember, I am not a professional grader and I could easily be off by a grade or more in either direction. It wouldn't surprise me if it graded a little higher and was a 5.5 by someone else.
  • Posted: January 6, 2015 6:47:51 pm
  • Too bad the back wasn't in the same shape as the front. That tear and the damage at the middle of the spine - which is more noticeable from the back - really hurts it. To me it looks like it's in GD to VG condition at best which would be between a 2.5 and 3.5 in grade so split the difference and a 3.0 grade seems about right. Once again, I am not a professional grader and I can easily be off by a grade or more.
  • Posted: January 7, 2015 12:44:22 pm
  • Think That's interesting... because the second one [#25] was given a 5.0-5.5 by two other prospective buyers, whereas the first one [#34] was also considered to be around 5.0-5.5 by one of them, which doesn't make sense and why I wanted more impartial opinions. Personally, I thought it [#34] was closer to 6.0-6.5, especially when compared to the other. So which grade is more accurate? Confused

Last edited January 7, 2015 12:46:00 pm
  • Posted: January 7, 2015 4:25:46 pm
  • eXistenZ said:
    Think That's interesting... because the second one [#25] was given a 5.0-5.5 by two other prospective buyers, whereas the first one [#34] was also considered to be around 5.0-5.5 by one of them, which doesn't make sense and why I wanted more impartial opinions. Personally, I thought it [#34] was closer to 6.0-6.5, especially when compared to the other. So which grade is more accurate? Confused

Like I said, I'm not a professional grader. And this is largest difference in opinion on grade that I have given here at CBR. Oh well, it happens. Maybe I'm just too harsh a grader at times.
  • Posted: January 7, 2015 7:55:53 pm
  • That large tear is hard to miss I can't give it higher than a 2 either ......my question is would an amateur tape job bring it to a 3 maybe?
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
  • Posted: January 7, 2015 8:18:57 pm
  • Maybe I'm not too harsh. Angel

And my understanding is that a tape job, amateur or not, would most likely lower the grade.
  • Posted: January 7, 2015 10:11:23 pm
  • Yeah tape would drop it not increase it
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: January 7, 2015 11:42:48 pm
  • I would go a solid 6.0 on the first one it really is a nice looking book, the second however is another story, while it does have that large tear it is still complete and in extraordinary shape otherwise, without the tear and hole in the spine I could see it getting as high as a 7, but with that hole and tear I would put it at a 2.5. I suspect that if you sent it in to have it graded because of it's age both might grade higher still.
    Don't read my blogs! Unless of course you want to learn something...
  • Posted: January 11, 2015 8:04:30 pm
  • Canuck said:
    Grade it yourself here - http://www.e-bigs.net/freetool.php

I needed "others" unbiased opinions, thus the reason for posting here; "Grade my comic" forum.

And thanks! to those who took the time to view the pictures and help with grading. Applause

Last edited January 11, 2015 8:12:56 pm
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Whatnot Publishing's Assassins Creed: The Fall Issue # 1c
  • DC Comics's Catwoman Issue # 64f
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 2b
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 10b