feature requests

Could use some help in grading a few of my comics (Comic Book Forums)

• Could use some help in grading a few of my comics

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 28, 2014 2:58:48 am
  • I bought a bunch of comics from a garage sale and they all seem to be in the same condition, with a few exceptions. Most are like the two issues of Advanced Dungeons And Dragons I am posting below, so any help and input would help me grade most of the others. These two issues are good examples of what shape most of the others are in, the inside has great colours with no defects, bends, discolourations, pages are just a bit "off-white".

Front of Advanced Dungeon And Dragons #9:

The back:

Front of Advanced Dungeon And Dragons #10:

The back:

I also have another comic from that bunch that is one of the few in not so great shape (There is another one with major discolouration and bottom half of the cover ripped off, not even going to ask about that one!). The inside has off-white to tanish pages.

Front of Tenchi Muyo! #6:

The back:

Any help with these would be much appreciated!
  • Posted: August 31, 2014 12:04:12 pm
  • Hmm, interest in this thread seems to be in short supply. Brick wall I saw another thread that had links to websites and YouTube videos that provided help with learning how to grade a comic. Guess that will have to be the route to take. Just thought I could get some feedback from people here seeing how they seem to be quite knowledgeable on the subject.
  • Posted: September 6, 2014 9:01:41 pm
  • Giving them a quick glance, I'd say the general condition of the Adv. D&D books are about FN/VFN and I'd guess the Techi one is in GD/VG at best. Sorry for the brief review. Got to get back to work.

Remember, I am not a professional grader so I may easily be off by a grade or more.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's From the World of Minor Threats: The Alternates Issue # 4c
  • DC Comics's Nightwing Issue # 113f
  • DC Comics's Superman Issue # 13f
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4tyndall-f