feature requests

Whats the email address to submit covers? (Comic Book Forums)

• Whats the email address to submit covers?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 15, 2009 12:07:33 pm
  • Spa-fon said:
    I guess a good enough reason to go ahead and get a scanner..

Oh and by the way, some early fanzines (and I did one myself for a couple issues in 1964) did covers that were handtraced (usually over a light bulb with glass over cover) onto mimeograph paper. Hmmm, wonder if that is in the Smithsonian now...

i didn't realise the old light box trick was around that long ago....
  • Posted: June 15, 2009 12:26:18 pm
  • LOL. Yup. For those unfamiliar with mimeograph, it was bascially an ink transfer - meaning the machine bled the ink through the traced (or typed on a *gasp* typewriter) to the paper. Worst part was having blackened hands and arms for weeks afterward. Darn stuff just didn't wash off.

I think I sold my first fanzine issue for a grand $1.00, with an All Star 33 cover repro. Sold a whopping 4 issues too. Probably a super rare issue now, especially since I didin't even keep a copy! Brick wall
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: July 28, 2012 4:25:13 pm
  • Rattlehead79 said:

then click on the little box next to the issue you want to submit the cover for

What if there is no listing for the cover you want to submit?
    I've come across about 13 price cover variants for Captain America (high 200s to early 300s).

Jay
    Jay Bardyla - jbardyla.ca
    2007 Shuster Winner
    Canada's Best Comic Store, Happy Harbor Comics
  • Posted: July 28, 2012 4:31:05 pm
  • You make a submission in the Missing Items Forum for the Mods to consider adding it.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 28, 2012 4:58:00 pm
  • dough boy said:
    You make a submission in the Missing Items Forum for the Mods to consider adding it.

Thank you.
    Jay Bardyla - jbardyla.ca
    2007 Shuster Winner
    Canada's Best Comic Store, Happy Harbor Comics
26 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Amazons Attack Issue # 6d
  • Book Palace's Complete Comet Jet-Ace Logan Stories Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Super Heroes: Secret Wars Issue # 3facsimile-a
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 6e