feature requests

Whats the email address to submit covers? (Comic Book Forums)

• Whats the email address to submit covers?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 28, 2009 2:56:51 pm
  • I'm not too PC savvy, but I have a scanner and some covers that aren't on the website and would like to send them in. What's the address?!?! (I can't get the KB size down, jpeg,bmap or otherwise!)
  • Posted: February 28, 2009 3:37:30 pm
  • Just scan the cover

then click on the little box next to the issue you want to submit the cover for

click browse

select the file you scanned on your computer

then submit if it meets the size requirements it will give you a preview then click submit

I always submit .jpg files so I don't know about the bitmaps, to get them the right size you'll need a photo editor.
    there is some free ones listed in this forum topic

http://comicbookrealm.com/topic/3/18

Last edited February 28, 2009 3:42:56 pm
    What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine Too. If you shake my hand better count your fingers!

• Posted: March 4, 2009 1:57:32 pm

• you can use free image editing software like Paint.net to allow you to resize images and convert between different image types
  • Posted: June 10, 2009 11:37:49 am
  • No scanner (yet) - can I submit pics from digital camera?
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: June 10, 2009 11:46:34 am
  • Please no digital camera pics. We can find or scan better images than using a camera. Shame on you
  • Posted: June 10, 2009 12:56:44 pm
  • But I has an upmteen megapixel camera that makes super sharp pics... Rolling Eyes
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: June 10, 2009 1:03:38 pm

• With a scan, the cover will be read by the scanner evenly.

With a camera picture, you'll have trouble with reflection, getting the colours spot, getting the angle correct etc

The rules for the quality of picture here are pretty strict, and I'd doubt you'd be able to get up to that standard with a photograph.
  • Posted: June 10, 2009 3:27:31 pm
  • I have heard that our Mod's are like the cover 's or something like that.

Twisted Evil
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 10, 2009 3:39:41 pm
  • That's probably why I've never even bothered trying to submit a cover that I scanned myself, even though I own around 50 comics that still need covers submitted.

Plus I can't figure out how to get a decent scan with our scanner. Anxious
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
26 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Schanes & Schanes's Dragon Realm Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 470b
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4easter
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: First Class Issue # 5b