feature requests

Sharing (Comic Book Forums)

• Sharing

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 23, 2008 4:57:25 pm
  • Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to figure out how to share my collection. I'm not sure if I need to accumulate a certain number of points before I can do that? Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    ~ Dan
  • Posted: December 23, 2008 10:18:58 pm
  • welcome to the realm. you can share your piles at anytime just go to your realm and click on the manage link near your piles then click on the edit button of the pile you want to share and there is an option you can share or not. hope that helps.
    ps you need to join chat late at night because we could use some more people to talk to.
  • Posted: December 23, 2008 10:50:40 pm
  • Two things - I just realized I should have posted this in the general questions forum. Sorry about that!

Second - I created a second pile and it works like you said. I'm able to edit and share it. Now I'm just working on figuring out how to determine what link I provide people with whom I want to share those piles...
  • Posted: December 23, 2008 11:31:33 pm
  • Ok, so like I said - I created the second pile and am able to manage it and share it. The problem is I am getting some curious behavior. First, sometimes it will say that it is shared but I still can't view it from another browser - it will say "elektrizitat is not currently sharing their collection"... even though I am. Perhaps I'll post this in the general question area to get this moved into the proper forum.
  • Posted: December 24, 2008 6:27:37 am
  • you have the pile shared, but you still need to share your collection....you need to go your realm, scroll down to below your list of "piles"...and you will see "user info" next to it is the option to change (right above the option to donate).....click "change" and you will see a plethora of things you can do, one of these things...under "settings"...is the option to make your collection sharable..along with your profile and stats....hopefully that clears everything up for you
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: December 24, 2008 6:59:24 am
  • there ya go thats a better answer. sorry i didn't give you the whole story i forgot about the user settings but i was just trying to help.
  • Posted: December 24, 2008 10:04:51 am
  • Wonderful! Thank you both for your help - I'm up and running!
  • Posted: January 26, 2009 11:06:14 am
  • How do you share your want list?

Last edited January 26, 2009 11:06:49 am
  • Posted: January 26, 2009 11:38:05 am
  • Others can't see your want list directly, but they'll see books on it in two ways:

1. In the "Market" tab of any individual issue, if you want it, they'll see it.
    2. In the "Market" report, others can see books you want that they have for sale or just plain own.

I hope this is helpful.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Whatnot Publishing's Assassins Creed: The Fall Issue # 1
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Special # 1
  • IDW Publishing's My Little Pony: Kenbucky Roller Derby Issue # 3b
  • Al Barrett's The Mightiest Issue # 2