feature requests

How does this site determine it's comic values? (Comic Book Forums)

• How does this site determine it's comic values?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 4, 2008 10:52:18 pm
  • can you tell me what sources you use to determine comic values listed on this site?
    thanks.
  • Posted: June 4, 2008 10:55:31 pm
  • This site uses multiple methods to determine the values for the comics...we use both overstreet and wizard price guides...if a book is not listed in one of those, we then use an average of multiple different online retailers as our basis

all the values are hand entered, so if you see value that looks odd to you, please bring it to our attention in the Corrections Forum and we will look into it
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: June 15, 2008 2:47:19 pm
  • jk, you snuck right in and answered before i could.

i actually went threw the process and wrote it down so i would miss anything.
    while i was doingthat, you snuck in.

but all is good, the question was answered.
  • Posted: June 15, 2008 2:48:29 pm
  • haha, i answered 11 days ago....
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: June 15, 2008 2:51:46 pm
  • why yes, i see that you did.
    must be another bug in my system.
    when i clicked on this to read the new post, it only showed nickc's original.

well , i guess i really was late.
    sorry about that then.
  • Posted: June 4, 2011 1:59:43 pm
  • how would one determine the worth of a professionally graded comic?
  • Posted: June 6, 2011 9:42:14 am
  • Original Man said:
    how would one determine the worth of a professionally graded comic?

I would assume a CGC grade?

When looking at the title of said series just click on the value of the issue # you were wondering about, it will bring up a list of grades along with the value for that grade (from Poor .5 to 10 gem mint)
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 6, 2011 11:43:16 am
  • Original Man said:

If you mean CGC graded, the general consensus is that the value is about the same as identical book in same grade but non-CGC. You can search the forum for CGC topics, there have been many discussions.

I myself believe CGC adds value to the book, but will generally not spend more than a 10% premium for a CGC book. The big exception are the very rare and valuable issues. For example, I believe an Amazing Fantasy with a 3.0 CGC grade would sell for much more than a 3.0 unslabbed book. Primarily because you are dealing in thousands of dollars differemce if the grade is off by half a point.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: August 6, 2012 10:08:10 am
  • Spa-fon said:
    Original Man said:

If you mean CGC graded, the general consensus is that the value is about the same as identical book in same grade but non-CGC. You can search the forum for CGC topics, there have been many discussions.

I myself believe CGC adds value to the book, but will generally not spend more than a 10% premium for a CGC book. The big exception are the very rare and valuable issues. For example, I believe an Amazing Fantasy with a 3.0 CGC grade would sell for much more than a 3.0 unslabbed book. Primarily because you are dealing in thousands of dollars differemce if the grade is off by half a point.
    I agree
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 246 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1b
  • Udon Entertainment's Darkstalkers: Jedah Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Boy Issue # 6
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 8