feature requests

CBR App for Smartphones (Comic Book Forums)

• CBR App for Smartphones

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 4, 2010 3:50:46 pm
  • So I sorta leaked out there that I have been working on something. I have built out just about everything from a "guests" standpoint (i.e. searching the guide), but I now need to know what "members" need.

For instance I know that I need to have a want list. But is it just "showing" what is on your list, or do you need to be able to interact with it. i.e. you need to be able to remove from it?

Same thing goes with collection. Do you need to just see a snapshot of what you have, or do you need to be able to manage it?

I can always add things later so what are the essential things that I have to have and then add other stuff later?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 4, 2010 5:19:49 pm
  • I think an app for smartphones is a great idea, & interaction with it is even greater. Will this app be available to all phones, even if they're crappy?
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: March 4, 2010 5:27:01 pm
  • What does crappy mean?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 4, 2010 7:00:02 pm
  • It would be cool if it downloaded your collection/want list so u could use it offline.
    El Blog-o, Read it if you're bored.
    http://immortalfireboy.blogspot.com/

Search & Win
  • Posted: March 4, 2010 7:57:16 pm
  • dough boy said:
    What does crappy mean?

I'm speaking about myself; I own a Samsung Instinct(a wanna-be i-Phone,IMHO), & my provider is through Sprint. When my notebook broke down some weeks ago, I had tried to log-in to the realm by the web access through my phone; didn't work(therefore, crappy).d'oh!

Will the new app be available to certain phones, providers, or both?

P.S. - It was a of a withdrawal not being able to return to the "realm"!Brick wall

Last edited March 4, 2010 8:03:44 pm
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: March 5, 2010 2:44:46 am
  • This is (as mentioned before) very great news.

As for features I don't see a need for editing the want list as long as it is possible to enter items into the collection and have the "Remove from want list" feature available.

It would be great if the want list was configurable though. I don't know how the interface of the app is but it would be great to have access to certain information by clicking an issue on the want list (or something like that). For example if I go looking for comics it would be nice to know: What is the value of the comic, in case of a variant it would be great to be able to see the cover.

Thanks for doing this Dougboy. I am sure there are many users that will appreciate this a whole lot. Hope you make it for Android and if not, let me know I will see if this is something I may be able to help you out with. Have been looking into developing for this platform for a while.

Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: March 5, 2010 10:15:06 am
  • Excellent. I've had my iPhone for about 3 weeks now and this would be a great addition. Collection management should include the sell list and the ability to add and remove comics.

Maybe, down the line, integrating a way to add comics by taking a picture of the cover.
  • Posted: March 9, 2010 3:31:59 pm
  • Just started to really use the site and an app for smart phones would be great. I have been looking for one for the Droid but none are to be found.
  • Posted: March 10, 2010 11:58:45 am
  • http://www.jitterbug.com/

Just calls, no text, no pictures, no Internet, etc.

If we didn't already have a contract I'd have gone there...
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
55 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers: Twilight Issue # 5d
  • Skybound's Cobra Commander Issue # 4
  • Marvel Comics's Fall of the House of X Issue # 4unknown/c2e2
  • Schanes & Schanes's Men Maiden and Myths Issue nn