feature requests

Reviewers wanted (Comic Book Forums)

• Reviewers wanted

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 31, 2012 12:12:19 pm
  • So I get a lot of the new releases in electronic format each week. I obviously have no time to do reviews on any of the books. However, I am assuming some of you might want to review books. So here is what we are going to do. Based upon your CBR standing you can request access to the previews. You can then reserve the one(s) that you want to read. The only criteria for ComicBookRealm.com is that you review them here (in your blog is fine). Each publisher has their own criteria (about spoilers, releases, images, etc).

If you are interested I get most of the new issues from:

Image/Top Cow
    Boom
    Dark Horse (2 weeks early)
    Zenescope

If you have questions, please ask. If you are interested, send me a PM.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 31, 2012 12:18:02 pm
  • So is this helping the site at all, or is this basically saying "Hey, if you write a review you can read a free comic"?

Just wondering if these link up to the reviews in the issue database.
  • Posted: July 31, 2012 12:42:02 pm
  • Well it helps in a few different ways.

1. We have more content on the site, thus better search results, and hence more traffic
    2. Publishers want to know when their books are reviewed and they will usually post links on their social media sites to a review
    3. Publishers sometimes takes "statements" and incorporates them into their marketing/solicitation information

I don't want people to just read free comics (ultimately hopefully they will still buy them).

The hard thing about tying into the database is that the reviews will be done up to a week before we add the shell to the database. But, once the shell is added, the reviewer can then go to the issue and rate it and link their review. I am also going to find a way to pull out some reviews in the right rail or something.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 31, 2012 1:21:10 pm
  • Ok, so this is no different than if I started doing reviews of books that I read in my blog, it's just you're willing to provide the comics.

I always "want" to review things, like movies and books, but then I never get around to it. If I knew it would help complete this site's review section, I may be more motivated. I did write some reviews for early ASMs but just short little blurbs.

Anyway, I wouldn't need any files if I decide to do this, unless having the review before the comic releases is really important?
  • Posted: July 31, 2012 2:15:57 pm
  • I'd give it a go. Currently I don't read anything new, but I do like those 4 companies and try to buy stuff from them in TPB form where I can.

Not sure how good at reviewing I am though, so can't guarantee that my reviews would read well.
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: July 31, 2012 3:29:09 pm
  • Id probably be interested, and at the moment I have some time on my hands. The problem is that could change very quickly. I dont start my official job until January (i know, it sucks), so in theory ive got lots of time, but I have interviews linin up for legal temp work (cause I need somethin to do with my time), so i cant tell you how much free time ill actually have.

Let me think it over. If I can commit though Id be happy to do all the Zenescope books, as theyre all on my pull list anyway, and maybe some image and Boom. Like Matt said though, Ive never been a reviewer and so dont know that Id be any good at it.

Oh, and this is all assuming, of course, I can figure out the technology part of it all.
  • Posted: August 12, 2012 2:16:28 pm
  • Anything ever happen with this DB?
  • Posted: September 11, 2013 10:45:29 am
  • DB,

Do you still need reviewers?

8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Blue Book: 1947 Issue # 3
  • DC Comics's Justice League: Dark Rebirth - Omnibus Hard Cover # 1
  • Tempo Books's Steve Canyon Soft Cover # 17058-2
  • Marvel Comics's Venom: Dark Origin Issue # 3