feature requests

CGC dilemma (Comic Book Forums)

• CGC dilemma

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 23, 2011 8:40:19 pm
  • Getting your books graded is all subjective to the owners of the books. I personally won't slab a book unless it's either rare or worth more than $200. I used to slab books that I thought were great and all, but I've learned though time that it was more of a waste of time and money for me. The book you have.. there's plenty of out there. Currently, there's 249 (9.8s) out there. " IF " your copy gets an 9.8, then it will be #250.. not much excitement there. But like I said, if you plan on keeping the book for yourself, then go for it. Cool

CGC is not the only service out there, but it is the most popular. If you ever sell the book, more people would be attracted to the CGC book than the other competitor.

Latest Pickups:

Journey into Mystery 85          Speed Comics 43          Tales of Suspense 39

Current favorite wall books:

More CGC owned books: http://comicbookrealm.com/view-pic/9920136/413/4189

• Posted: May 23, 2011 10:55:07 pm
  • thanks again . for all the info I'm going to post some scans of a few different copies and let the cbr community grade them, slab the best 2 or 3 keep em and sell the rest .
  • Posted: May 24, 2011 9:35:58 am
  • @ of my books are just about complete and hopefully the third will be done soon. 2 more weeks and they'll be mine.

Last edited May 27, 2011 9:33:34 am
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: May 24, 2011 6:50:32 pm
  • Of the titles and conditions listed, I think I would go with the Avengers annual w/ the first Rogue appearance.
  • Posted: June 6, 2011 8:47:23 pm
  • Just received 2 of the 3 books back today.
    ASM #298 - 9.6
    Secret Wars #8 - 9.6
    I'm super happy! Can't wait to get back my Avengers #71.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: June 9, 2011 9:31:23 am
  • Don of the DED said:
    Just received 2 of the 3 books back today.
    ASM #298 - 9.6
    Secret Wars #8 - 9.6

Congrats, Don! Applause
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: June 9, 2011 9:33:23 am
  • Thanks Bookwoim!
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: June 9, 2011 4:08:15 pm
  • Don of the DED said:
    Just received 2 of the 3 books back today.
    ASM #298 - 9.6
    Secret Wars #8 - 9.6

Gratz my friend. Now about that Amazing Fantasy # 15 in VF+ you are sending next... Wink
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: June 10, 2011 12:33:15 am

• Gratz my friend. Now about that Amazing Fantasy # 15 in VF+ you are sending next... Wink
    Yeah, I think I dreamed about that one last night!Very Happy
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: July 20, 2011 9:34:26 am
  • Just got back my Avengers #71 book. I figured it might grade around a 6. It came back and was a 7.0. Unfortunately I have recently moved and had changed the address, but cgc still sent it to my old address. Luckily my uncle who lives next door to my old place was able to corral the UPS driver and snag my package for me.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
39 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 37
  • Marvel Comics's Monica Rambeau: Photon TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Rogue Issue # 11
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars Issue # 44ce/btc