feature requests

CGC dilemma (Comic Book Forums)

• CGC dilemma

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 6, 2011 9:17:21 pm
  • Hey everyone. I'm looking for opinions on which 3 books I should get graded out of the following four:
    ASM # 298 in nm condition
    ASM #300 in nm condition( not quite as good as 298 )
    Avengers #71 vf condition 1st app. of the invaders
    Avengers annual #10 1st app. of Rogue nm condition
    Oh, by the way I'm getting the three books signed by Stan Lee and cgc will be there to witness.
    Please, I could use some advice.
    Thanks all Don

Last edited March 6, 2011 9:17:54 pm
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: March 6, 2011 11:53:31 pm
  • Thanks! Those are the choices i'm leaning towards.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: March 7, 2011 4:38:41 pm
  • How do you feel sending in ASM 300 and getting a 2.0 back. Yikes. And it says restored .... how bad WAS it?

Last edited March 7, 2011 4:39:06 pm
  • Posted: March 8, 2011 5:46:57 pm
  • i wouldnt do the ASMs but would SS them. The avengers i would think about but maybe pick another book in your collection to CGC.

tt
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: March 8, 2011 6:50:37 pm
  • tt_cook1963 said:
    i wouldnt do the ASMs but would SS them. The avengers i would think about but maybe pick another book in your collection to CGC.

tt

I would pick another book, but I think I have my mind set on them. None of my other books IMO would not be worth it.
    I have not seen too many of the Avengers books I have graded especially with a signature. The spidey's yes, but I think i'm leaning towards ASM 298 because it's in better condition.

Last edited March 8, 2011 9:42:06 pm
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: March 14, 2011 10:41:08 pm
  • Unless the ASM 298 grades a 9.8 - its not really worth it. Anything after 9.8 drops in value pretty steeply.

• Posted: March 14, 2011 10:49:51 pm
  • I believe that my ASM 298 book is at least a 9.8 or above. I'm open to suggestions if any of you want to take a look at my collection and see if you guys find something more worthwhile. I was also thinking Secret Wars #8 maybe.

Last edited March 14, 2011 10:57:51 pm
    Don of the D.E.DImage
39 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 8
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Comics Presents Issue # 174
  • Image Comics's Monstress Issue # 50b
  • David Heath Jr.'s No Sex Issue # 7