feature requests

Just scored 332 comics at a thrift store! (Comic Book Forums)

• Just scored 332 comics at a thrift store!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 18, 2010 8:18:13 am
  • I got a call the other night with my friend telling me that a thrift store got 4 short boxes of comics and they were 49.50 each. So I went there this weekend to find that there were 4 long boxes for 49.50 each. I went through them and picked out what I wanted, then I started grabbing stuff that looked good. So in the end I got 332 comics for 49.50. Not bad. Nothing too great but a few decent pick ups.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: January 9, 2012 8:11:46 pm
  • Awsome that's so good
    Applaused'oh!d'oh!ApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplauseApplause
    The Phantom
    The Ghoust Who Walks
    Man Who Can Not Die
    Guardian Of The Eastern Dark
  • Posted: February 4, 2012 8:28:13 pm
  • A while back ago I bought a collection from a buddy of mine for 60.00. Not a whole lot to talk about except for a couple hard to find Miracleman books which I was stoked to get!
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: February 5, 2012 6:58:50 pm
  • Don of the DED said:
    I bought a comic fom the early 60s for less than 50c
    The Phantom
    The Ghoust Who Walks
    Man Who Can Not Die
    Guardian Of The Eastern Dark
  • Posted: February 6, 2012 8:40:49 am
  • That's great Don! Maybe I should start making the rounds of thrift stores...
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: December 14, 2013 3:11:46 pm
  • I have had a lot of luck at a local auction here in NJ; Bodnar's, just bought a box of 70 Classics Illustrated and 24 Little Lulu comics for $10. All the comics are from the 40's and 50's. They always have boxes of comics that go for great prices.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman: The Brave and the Bold Issue # 11
  • David Heath Jr.'s No Sex Issue # 13
  • Marvel Comics's Superior Spider-Man Issue # 5b
  • Marvel Comics's The Invincible Iron Man Issue # 16d