feature requests

Linking the "Wanted" section with the "For Sale" section on CBR. (Comic Book Forums)

• Linking the "Wanted" section with the "For Sale" section on CBR.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 10, 2016 5:37:38 pm
  • I can't be the first person who thought that the wanted section here was being super under used. Why is it that if I input a comic book here and list it for sale, no one knows except me? What if the comic book in question is on several "Wanted" lists? There must be a way for CBR to be able to connect buyer and seller (and take a small per centage for doing so). Help!! If you agree with my (stolen) idea please go to the Feature Request and make your voice heard. I would assume anyone selling here would love this idea. Thanks.
  • Posted: December 13, 2016 2:30:53 am
  • While I am not sure I would take advantage of this or not it does seem like a worthwhile suggestion. Maybe something for the mods to look at in their spare time?
    Tenzil
  • Posted: December 13, 2016 6:29:52 pm
  • Thanks for the response Tenzil. Since I joined last year, I have met about 20 people who only wanted to sell their comic books here. I didn't know how to help them, as I was in the same situation. I still tried. Too bad the CBR moderators are much to busy for this idea (for making truckloads of money).
  • Posted: December 14, 2016 10:43:50 am
  • As mentioned we previously had a "Market" report where you could see who wanted what and who was selling what you wanted, etc. It is still on the list to look into bringing back.

The one thing we are not sure about doing is being intrusive. So if you indicated that you had a comic for sale emailing those who "want" it. We might be able to make it a setting, but it would require discussion.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: December 14, 2016 10:49:32 am
  • DB, I hate bugging you about this idea, but it's stuck in my head and won't leave. I don't think intrusive is the right word. Helpful might be more appropriate. No one is forced to buy anything, CBR will just be a silent partner in putting together potential buyers and sellers. Oh, and if you get paid 5-8% for doing so, I'm sure that won't be intrusive either.
  • Posted: December 14, 2016 11:47:23 am
  • I think by intrusive DB means is that every time someone adds said comic to list emails will be sent to everyone notifying them even if they are not interested anymore.
    I guess this would fall on said person to remove themselves from the list if they don't want to be emailed...so I guess an option could be added for that reason.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: December 14, 2016 11:55:56 am
  • Canuck, if someone has a book on their wanted list that someone has for sale, I don't think it would be intrusive if they received some sort of notice saying it's available here. They don't have to buy it if they don't want. No one is forcing anyone.
  • Posted: December 14, 2016 12:52:59 pm
  • A lot of people just put stuff in there want list when say adding a series and they see they are missing odd ball issues...so they click on the want list so whenever they decide to fill the series (if they ever do) they have a list of missing issues.
    A lot of the users here just add to there collection and want list but hardly ever do anything else.
    I see a lot of people have stuff on there want list, but it shows that they are only willing to pay cover price...so this tells me they just added but aren't really looking for it.

Last edited December 14, 2016 12:55:23 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: December 14, 2016 1:38:04 pm
  • I agree there is a difference between a "want list" and a "wish list." That could be easily dealt with.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Titan Comics's Dark Souls: The Willow King Issue # 1g
  • Workman Publishing's Here I Am, I Am Me: An Illustrated Guide to Mental Health TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 2b
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine and the X-Men Issue # 20b