feature requests

I think I was taken... (Comic Book Forums)

• I think I was taken...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 6, 2016 12:48:57 am
  • So I recently bought some comics off a guy on this site. He told me he was having computer issues but would be sending the comics as soon as possible. This was two months ago... With him not responding in over a month now. I know I'm probably screwed out of money, but I want you all to know it's a very real possibility this could happen to all of you... Be careful guys!
  • Posted: May 6, 2016 9:18:52 am
  • Who was the user? Can moderators get involved and maybe ban him?
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: May 6, 2016 11:20:52 am
  • as much as i like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt when dealing online you have to be extra careful. i personally wouldn't trade with someone unless i really trusted them.
  • Posted: May 6, 2016 3:23:14 pm
  • If you used PayPal I would open up a claim with them and get my money back. What method of payment did you use?
  • Posted: May 6, 2016 3:52:19 pm
  • Get in touch with the admins/mods to make sure they know this happened. I think we can all assume that they don't want members like that here. Good luck on either getting the comics or your money back.
  • Posted: May 6, 2016 3:56:32 pm
  • Unfortunately not much the mods can do, maybe DB can do something?
    A majority of users come to the site to a) Catalog their collection and b) sell.
    You have to protect yourself by seeing how long they have been a member, is the deal too good to be true, are they active in forums, buyers should post about good or bad dealings so all members can see what's happening.
    Still it makes me sad and angry that a community like this, that others are taking advantage of each other. Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

Last edited May 6, 2016 8:48:25 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: May 6, 2016 9:06:30 pm
  • Veenstra1 said:
    So I recently bought some comics off a guy on this site. He told me he was having computer issues but would be sending the comics as soon as possible. This was two months ago... With him not responding in over a month now. I know I'm probably screwed out of money, but I want you all to know it's a very real possibility this could happen to all of you... Be careful guys!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Can you PM me who the seller was and the details of the transaction? From time to time we have unscrupulous people on here. I was even taken one time.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: May 7, 2016 4:21:58 pm
  • Thanks for your positive words guys. I have finally managed to open a dispute. I will keep you posted on this. Again, be careful!
  • Posted: May 7, 2016 5:24:25 pm
  • Is there a forum or thread were we can share our positive buying and selling experiences ? Might help won't hurt.
  • Posted: May 17, 2016 5:42:39 pm
  • Just an update... After using PayPal to fix the situation, the seller has contacted me and things have been worked out, with him supposedly sending the items. Thanks all who read this and responded.
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool-Verse: Deadpool Corps TPB # 1
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1e
  • Marvel Comics's G.O.D.S. Issue # 6e
  • Studio Brie Comix's The Clique Issue # 4