feature requests

DC Rebirth (Comic Book Forums)

• DC Rebirth

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 19, 2016 7:31:14 pm
  • So Geoff Johns gives us DC Rebirth story - ten years of continuity has been altered by Dr Manhattan and all of sudden everything is reset and here we go.

It been almost 3 months and the original premise hasn't explained. Where is the Batman or 'kid' Flash (Wally West) investigating and bringing Dr Manhattan to the story lines. So far I have enjoyed 90% of the rebirth titles. I think the bi-monthly schedule is getting old. 4 months is about all I can handle $$ wise. I hope DC isn't planning on doing a year of bi-monthly with variants for each issue. I've already told my local shop that I will be only taking the variants until the end of October. I'm hoping Civil War will be done and I can start adding some Marvel to my list. But I committed to the variants for October, next Previews I will cut down to 1 copy of the DC, either regular or variant. I like seeing the the Neal Adams Green Arrow covers.

I do wish that Diamond would give sales numbers break down for each issue. They know exactly how many regular and variant issues are ordered and shipped, so why not tell us, instead they just print the combined total.

Geoff Johns get on with it and get the story rolling. I'm not waiting a year for you explain how and why 10 years were stripped away.
  • Posted: August 25, 2016 11:36:10 am
  • I have to say that I don't know what's going on reading many of the Rebirth titles.
  • Posted: August 25, 2016 1:10:21 pm
  • Ditto, no clue as to what's going on, I thought this whole REBIRTH thing was suppose to simplify the DC universe.
    I read most of the Rebirth issues but gave up after a few issues of the regular titles only one I'm reading now is Batman and Suicide Squad.
    Speaking of Suicide Squad was it just me or was the first issue a big pile of steaming ? If it doesn't improve in the next few issues not even Jim Lee's beautiful art will keep me reading it.
    I'm also read the All-Star Batman and it's only 12-13 issue series and the first issue was pretty good.

Last edited August 25, 2016 1:23:03 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 21, 2016 5:38:44 pm
  • I currently have my biggest pull list ever with Rebirth titles being the majority (Batman, All-Star Batman, Detective, Action, Superman, Flash, Justice League and Nightwing). I for the most part like the stories so far and the way the characters have been portrayed. I don't like the twice a month format. It gets very pricey (especially adding in the exchange rate for us Canadians) and I barely have the time to keep up on my reading. I'm going to wait until the end of the second arcs to start dropping titles (though Batman and Flash are going to get picked up not matter what). I really like the story in All-Star batman but I'm really not digging the main story's art. Might just be personal taste but it seems like there's way too much "aggressive" shading.

I have to agree though I have no idea what's going on in the overall arc. There's potential with Dr. Manhattan being the big bad. He just seems too over powered to write a convincing story about.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 40
  • Markosia Enterprises Ltd.'s Hollow Girl Soft Cover # 2
  • Random House Childrens Books's Magic Tree House: The Graphic Novel Hard Cover # 6
  • Marvel Comics's The Invincible Iron Man Issue # 16d