feature requests

Civil War II (Comic Book Forums)

• Civil War II

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 15, 2016 7:54:20 pm
  • Rolling Eyes

Thoughts?
  • Posted: June 2, 2016 4:58:18 pm
  • I wasn't too impressed with #0 but I bought #1 yesterday because I already committed.

Not too bad. I think it's lame that it's called civil war. And that it more or less coincides with the release of the civil war movie. And that tony stark is once again defining one side.

But the art is good and two characters have already hit the dust. And I am intrigued by Ulysses ability(?) to completely block jean grey.

So far so good.
  • Posted: June 3, 2016 12:35:55 pm
  • I'm still wondering what they're fighting about.
  • Posted: June 20, 2016 9:57:29 pm
  • i'm not buying all 853958 spin offs, but the first issue of the x-men mini is great.
  • Posted: June 21, 2016 8:54:39 am
  • I'm doing the same as jimfred82. I only bought the ASM #1 mini and it's ok for the most part.
  • Posted: June 23, 2016 8:31:21 pm
  • I'm sticking to the main line this time. I learned my lesson with secret wars where the vast majority of the spin offs didn't even have a tie in to the main plot.
  • Posted: June 23, 2016 9:21:26 pm
  • I one upped you...I didn't bother picking it up.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 26, 2016 11:59:30 am
  • I'm also going to have to pass. I just can't get myself psyched for these huge "ground-breaking" cross-overs anymore. They just scream cash-grab, instead of great mini series to read!!! If I'm wrong, there will be plenty of TPB's available next year.
  • Posted: June 29, 2016 12:09:58 am
  • alright, not gonna lie, i'm actually enjoying the main title. it's a lot better than i expected, at least so far.
  • Posted: June 29, 2016 12:17:45 am
  • You mean part one of eighty so far?
  • Posted: June 29, 2016 9:25:20 am
  • I don't have a problem with these events as the stories are usually good, the problem I have is they very rarely live up to the hype and very little happens that isn't changed back to the status quo shortly after. Like most creators have said the biggest problem with working for Marvel or DC is that once you're done playing with their toys you have to put them back in the box so the next person can play with them.

Last edited June 29, 2016 9:26:29 am

• Posted: July 11, 2016 8:54:59 am
  • Canuck said:
    I don't have a problem with these events as the stories are usually good, the problem I have is they very rarely live up to the hype and very little happens that isn't changed back to the status quo shortly after. Like most creators have said the biggest problem with working for Marvel or DC is that once you're done playing with their toys you have to put them back in the box so the next person can play with them.

I agree except I think the stories aren't good. I don't read any DC/Marvel events any more, too many times I've been sucked in and didn't enjoy it at all. The last "event" I enjoyed was Infinity Gauntlet [the original one in case they redid it]. That was 6 issues ..... that's how long an event should be.

• Posted: July 12, 2016 11:32:43 am
  • There's a huge death in the next issue. It was spoiled for me on another site so be careful if you don't want to know.
  • Posted: July 12, 2016 12:34:08 pm
  • Maybe it's Tony Stark, because we all know we want a 15 year old girl to be the new Iron Maaaa...errrr Woman Eh?

• Posted: July 28, 2016 5:01:04 pm
  • I'm all in now. In my opinion, this is the best big marvel event since the first civil war. there was just so many big events in between that we all knew would amount to absolutely nothing, but this one feels different. plus, the books are beautiful.
  • Posted: July 28, 2016 5:37:52 pm
  • After the latest issue I don't see how it's a civil war. It should be "everybody vs. Captain Marvel". But maybe there's a twist.
  • Posted: July 28, 2016 7:14:50 pm
  • junobeach said:
    After the latest issue I don't see how it's a civil war. It should be "everybody vs. Captain Marvel". But maybe there's a twist.

It looks like a lot of the space weirdos are on her side, at least for now.
17 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Giant-Size: The Incredible Hulk Issue # 1b
  • DC Black Label's John Constantine: Hellblazer - Dead In America Issue # 4
  • Dark Horse Comics's Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures - Saber for Hire Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Venom: Dark Origin Issue # 1