feature requests

The Death of Wolverine (Comic Book Forums)

• The Death of Wolverine

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 11, 2014 3:11:57 pm
  • So I know I'm an issue behind, but I just got around to reading #1, and I've got to say this has to be one of the most beautiful and satisfying books I can recall. It's truly a piece of art, and, for some reason, this set up really makes me think his death might actually be (at least semi) permanent, like at least a few years in real life. No idea how that's going to work, but my interest is significantly higher than it was before all of this started going down, and I'm actually pretty pumped.

What do you guys think?
  • Posted: September 16, 2014 11:41:50 am
  • I thought it was a lot of money to pay for such little story. Most of the issue was full with sketches in the back and so did issue 2 which I subsequently passed on.
  • Posted: September 16, 2014 12:22:00 pm
  • i liked it better than uncanny 25, which was the same price for a much lower quality book.
  • Posted: October 16, 2014 4:41:45 pm
  • So.... now that it's done and over with, what are your thoughts on how they handled his death?
  • Posted: October 16, 2014 6:56:37 pm
  • One question, how is Dr. Cornelius still alive after Maverick shot him in the head in X-Men volume 2 #7?
  • Posted: October 16, 2014 8:16:02 pm
  • logerine said:
    One question, how is Dr. Cornelius still alive after Maverick shot him in the head in X-Men volume 2 #7?

yeah, i was wondering that, too.... i'm actually pretty sure he's popped up more than once since then, too. it's also a bit odd that he was generally the one who seemed to feel that what they were doing was wrong, but who knows.
  • Posted: October 16, 2014 10:28:28 pm
  • jimfred82 said:
    logerine said:
    One question, how is Dr. Cornelius still alive after Maverick shot him in the head in X-Men volume 2 #7?

yeah, i was wondering that, too.... i'm actually pretty sure he's popped up more than once since then, too. it's also a bit odd that he was generally the one who seemed to feel that what they were doing was wrong, but who knows.

I can't recall Cornelius showing up anywhere since Maverick killed him, but maybe he did. Carol Hines was also a sympathetic character in the Weapon X story. Professor Thorton was the sinister one. I hope we'll finally get an explaination on how and why Dr. Cornelius showed back up. I think the three test subjects who Logan saved will play some type of role in a future Wolverine story.
  • Posted: October 16, 2014 11:46:24 pm
  • logerine said:
    http://charlessoule.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/logan-r-i-p/

Charles Soule article with spoilers.

interesting. it would have been nice to have had a few more pages for sure. i'm not exactly excited that it sounds like there are going to be about 50 new wolverine titles, though, since i'm sure they'll all be 3.99 or 4.99....
  • Posted: October 19, 2014 4:42:01 pm
  • Im a bit worried that the norm for comics is starting to creep up a bit again from Marvel. They dont have any 2.99 books anymore, and now im seeing several 4.99... if this keeps up, its possible ill be dropping marvel altogether
17 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Ghost Ship's Into the Deepest, Most Unknowable Dungeon Soft Cover # 8
  • Dark Horse Comics's Quick Stops 2 Issue # 4
  • Ablaze Media's The Agent Issue # 5b
  • Konkret Comics's Zuriel Issue # 1