feature requests

A Full Marvel Reboot? (Comic Book Forums)

• A Full Marvel Reboot?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 19, 2014 8:25:37 am
  • With the "massive" success and lack of backlash from DC rebooting...now it is Marvel's turn right? Does this mean that we will only get one year of ASM before it is rebooted?

Honestly this is all the collector/readers fault. We are enabling the publishers to bring back the gimmicks of the early 90's.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: May 19, 2014 10:23:38 am
  • Yawn...I sometimes think the reboot is now the excuse for "We screwed this thing up so badly even WE don't like it and can't figure out what to do with it."
  • Posted: May 19, 2014 10:29:13 am
  • I would think that. However, in this case I think maybe they are running out of stories and having to have all of the history so why not do a 100% reboot and nothing applies anymore. Ultimately I would look at this as a money grabbing initiative.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: May 19, 2014 11:44:05 am
  • link not working.

Man, I hope this turns out to be false. Unlike the DC universe pre-crisis, the Marvelverse is pretty coherent. Besides some timeline issues (Punisher serving in Vietnam would make him at least 60) everything makes sense.
  • Posted: May 19, 2014 12:17:02 pm
  • junobeach said:
    link not working.Man, I hope this turns out to be false. Unlike the DC universe pre-crisis, the Marvelverse is pretty coherent. Besides some timeline issues (Punisher serving in Vietnam would make him at least 60) everything makes sense.
    Fixed...thanks

• Posted: May 19, 2014 1:14:45 pm
  • Well if this does happen, Marvel won't have to worry about bringing Wolverine back from the dead after they kill him off in a few months. Reboot the Marvel universe and presto - Wolverine is alive and well.
  • Posted: May 19, 2014 1:19:00 pm
  • I think I would be ok with this. When they "rebooted" with the Ultimate universe I liked most of the storylines. Of course those did not really take the place of the normal universe so it wasn't a true reboot, but it did show what they could do with starting fresh and bringing the stories into the current day.

Might be a little too soon after the Ultimate universe for a full reboot, but maybe they will do it well. DC had a decent run with the New 52, I enjoy most of the stories and it let them clear the slate. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on: we set up your computers, we deliver your email, we connect your calls, we backup your files, we guard your networks while you sleep. Do not %@&# with us. - paraphrased from Fight Club

• Posted: May 19, 2014 9:32:16 pm
  • Since I'm a Marvel guy, this will be the end of the road for me. Not talking
    I never supported the Variants or gimmics they have been throwing at us and I won't play this game either. Shame on you
    I really hope it bites them in the , but I still don't think that will matter as Disney has money to burn and will make way more money making movies of the Marvel properties than the comics ever will.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: May 22, 2014 6:35:23 pm
  • I've said for years that at this point, the comic books seem little more than a handy way to make sure they maintain the copyright on the characters so they can make oodles of money off of the movies, television, toys, etc - basically everything else.

And yes, it's probably a money grab too.

Honestly, as I've said before on these boards. One of the things I LIKED about the older universes was the sense of history and continuity. But then, in those days, people tended to settle into a title for a few years (or more). Now, people are on a title for a year, maybe two, then everything changes. No one seems to know what the history of the characters is...or even seems to care.
46 posts • Page 1 of 5
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • AC Comics's Cauldron of Horror Issue # 4
  • HooligansCO's Faro's Lounge Presents: Happy Harley Days Issue # 1
  • Little Brown & Company's The Mighty Onion Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Weapon X-Men Issue # 2c