feature requests

Comic Events (Comic Book Forums)

• Comic Events

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 22, 2006 2:24:51 pm
  • The following is an ever changing list of Comic Events MyComicPile.com will be tracking. All of these Events will be detailed in their own separate topic. If you can think of an Event that should be tracked, please reply to this post.

- Civil War
    - Days of Future Present
    - Death of Superman
    - Funeral for a Friend
    - Knightfall
    - Knightquest: The Crusade
    - Knightquest: The Search
    - Knightsend
    - Reign of the Supermen!
    - Seduction of the Innocent (SOTI)

Last edited July 22, 2006 8:58:49 pm
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 22, 2006 4:31:57 pm
  • Do you want us to request storylines here, or post events and the books in them? I may have jumped the gun by posting DOFP. Embarassed
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: July 22, 2006 4:40:41 pm
  • I want members to post Comic Events they feel are worthy to be included here. I personally do not have any preferences as to what is considered a Comic Event. I.e. Maybe the death of superman, Knightsquest, Knightsend, Knightfall, etc.

I don't think that we should create new topics until they have been officially added to the list above (and maybe approved by members). THoughts?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: July 22, 2006 6:39:37 pm
  • Well, I just grabbed 3 trades off my bookshelf. I think DOFP should be added, as well as X-cutioner's Song and X-Tinction Agenda and the 4 series that you mentioned. I'd also add the obvious and recent House of M and Crisis series, as well as the older Crisis on Infinite Earths, and Millenium, maybe Emerald Twilight, Maximum Carnage, Cataclysm, NML, and Contagion. Let me know if I'm being too vague on any of these.

Will this be a way to tackle my "Tall Order" post to Feature Requests? I see a periphial link between the Events and the TPB's that collect them.

The tough part is going to be deciding which issues belong in the event and which are fall-out. I think that up front, we should err on the side of including too much. For instance, would you consider Batman: Venom to be an event? I would, but since it's just a run of LODK, is it really an event? But Then consider the stories where the Riddler was on Venom (I don't have these or know which they are off the top of my head). Are they an extension of Batman: Venom, or a precurser to knightfall?

I think that finding the boundaries is going to take a little finesse, but the contributors to MCP have that in spades. Perhaps a distinction between story arcs v crossovers, guest appearances and such. Obviously, I have some thoughts...
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: July 22, 2006 8:32:28 pm
  • That is good. That is what is needed.

I do not personally think that story arcs (i.e. within the same series) should count. It technically could be argued that they are a "Comic Event", but I am looking for those "events" that are hard to follow and know what the reading order is.

Anything that spans multiple series/titles and publishers would be fair game.

• Posted: July 26, 2006 8:51:03 pm
  • Do you have any information on it KG? I.e. what publishers/series/issues it spanned and what the recommended reading order would be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Posted: June 13, 2007 12:19:41 am
  • not sure if this is the right place for this but how about adding the current back in black storyline that's going threw just about all of the spidey books?
  • Posted: August 10, 2012 1:51:17 pm
  • dough boy said:
    The following is an ever changing list of Comic Events MyComicPile.com will be tracking. All of these Events will be detailed in their own separate topic. If you can think of an Event that should be tracked, please reply to this post.

- Civil War
    - Days of Future Present
    - Death of Superman
    - Funeral for a Friend
    - Knightfall
    - Knightquest: The Crusade
    - Knightquest: The Search
    - Knightsend
    - Reign of the Supermen!
    - Seduction of the Innocent (SOTI)
    - Avengers vs X-men
    - Schism
    - Marvel NOW!
    - Clone Saga
  • Posted: August 10, 2012 4:59:42 pm
  • Jack-

This is a 5+ year old topic. We actually have Comic Event reporting now. Go to the Missing Items forum and request these are added there.

Thanks!

9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Symbiote Spider-Man: 2099 Issue # 2c
  • Ablaze Media's The Agent Issue # 5f
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 18
  • Marvel Comics's Villains for Hire Issue # 4b