feature requests

Spanish Comic Books (Comic Book Forums)

• Spanish Comic Books

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 20, 2014 1:42:36 pm
  • I recently acquired a small lot of Spanish comic books. I am trying to their value, but have been unable to find a source for information. Does anyone have any advice in this area? Any information or tips would be appreciated! Thanks!
  • Posted: October 20, 2014 3:56:49 pm
  • I am not an expert in this at all, but I believe comic books which are translated to other languages are generally not valuable. I mean, for whatever country they're made for, maybe, and they'd probably be sold at whatever the regular price was, but if you're hoping to sell foreign language books to the U.S., I believe the value goes down, or at least stays in the cheap.
    A lot of books like that are reprinted in those languages so they end up not being first prints or whatever. There's not as many obviously, but it doesn't make them rare, just.. unwanted, sort of. I shouldn't say "unwanted", I mean "less in demand".

I've got quite a few Spanish and German comics, however, their values are miniscule.

That's just me. I'm not trying to start a fire or anything. Just my opinion.
  • Posted: October 21, 2014 11:11:21 am
  • I completely agree with you Cook, I have a ASM 30 vol2 in german and a Capt. America in I think is french and no one wants them and don't know may people who collect those kinds of things but there is a market for everything. I wish you the best of luck RoofTop. If you need anything please don't be shy to ask this is a great group of people.
  • Posted: October 21, 2014 4:11:59 pm
  • I just realized that I posted this under the wrong forum. Smooth. I use this site nearly every day, and I read topics often, but it is rare for me to post. I thank you both for your input! Most of these books are from the early 70's. They were printed by Editorio Novaro in Mexico. I think we have a Rin Tin Tin, Lassie, Tarzan and Tarzan presents Korak, "Asombro! Presenta: La Gestapo" (I have had the most trouble finding this one, and it has the most interesting cover) and Judo Master by Modern Comics.

Thanks again!
  • Posted: October 21, 2014 4:16:05 pm
  • RoofTop Avenger said:
    I just realized that I posted this under the wrong forum. Smooth. I use this site nearly every day, and I read topics often, but it is rare for me to post. I thank you both for your input! Most of these books are from the early 70's. They were printed by Editorio Novaro in Mexico. I think we have a Rin Tin Tin, Lassie, Tarzan and Tarzan presents Korak, "Asombro! Presenta: La Gestapo" (I have had the most trouble finding this one, and it has the most interesting cover) and Judo Master by Modern Comics.

Thanks again!

Lol, we all make mistakes! No big deal.

Glad I could give some input. Even if it may not be exactly what you're looking for.
  • Posted: October 21, 2014 4:19:34 pm
  • It's all good it will get easier as you figure it out. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with as far as collections go. Smile
  • Posted: October 21, 2014 4:23:56 pm
  • Very Happy Thanks so much! This is the best site I've found for research, and everyone has always been kind and helpful.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Schanes & Schanes's Boris' Beauties Issue nn
  • DC Comics's Catwoman Issue # 64c2e2
  • DC Comics's Green Lantern: War Journal Issue # 8b
  • 10 Ton Press's Rock & Roll Biographies: Iron Maiden Issue # 1