feature requests

Hastings Going from Chapter 11 to Out of Business (Comic Book Forums)

• Hastings Going from Chapter 11 to Out of Business

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 3, 2016 3:23:09 pm
  • Last weekend drove 40 minutes to my nearest Hastings store since hearing they are all going out of business to get the 30% off of whatever they had in stock, which wasn't bad and hadn't been picked over too bad yet -- and of course spent way more than I expected when I hit the check out.

My question is for opinions on whether the Hastings Variant covers will retain their value, go up, or down based on them going out-of-business. I'm wondering if they are good deals to pick up at 30% off their normal prices (generally between $6.99 - $9.99), or if the liquidation of all of their inventory is going to cause them to be discounted even further and flood the marketplace with these variants?

I only bought a few that I would normally collect, or that were already marked down (and I got to take 30% off of that), but just wondering if it was worth making the drive again and pick up more for the collection, especially for titles I don't normally have in my collections.

Now I see they've increased the discounting to 40%: https://www.gohastings.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=GOOB

Really sad that another retailer didn't purchase Hastings, as these stores were like a Toy R Us for pop culture collectors, used and new books/movies/graphic novels/games and electronics. Sad to see stores like this not make it.

Thoughts, Opinions??
    Daredevil Completist... well, trying my hardest anyway. If you have some cheap issues with DD in them, I'm probably interested.
  • Posted: August 28, 2016 3:58:47 pm
  • I imagine like any variants there will be desirable ones and undesirable ones. I wouldn't be buying any of them unless you're confident there's potential there. Of course if it seems like a good deal and it is intended for your personal collection then it's a great time to buy!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Sofawolf Press's Anthrolations Issue # 5
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 3d
  • Diamond Comics Distribution's Previews: Customer Order Form Issue # 427
  • Massive Publishing's Zorro: Man of the Dead Issue # 3