feature requests

DC Re Brands Again!! (Comic Book Forums)

• DC Re-Brands Again!!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 18, 2016 8:47:42 am
  • New Logo
    In an Instagram post, co-publisher Jim Lee explained the Trinity's influence on the new design, saying, "The nooks and angles are meant to evoke the Superman 'S', the Wonder Woman 'WW' emblem and the Bat logo."

Past logos
    I like the bullet logos, but I remember/grew up with the 1972, 1974 and 1976 logos.

Last edited May 18, 2016 9:49:35 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: May 18, 2016 12:24:47 pm
  • i really don't care about the logo, I was always fine with what they did but the 1976 log was the most recognizable for me.

I don't see the "Trinity" influence Jim Lee was referring to on the new logo but that's probably just me. The new logo doesn't get met to say, "oh that looks like superman".
  • Posted: May 18, 2016 1:19:20 pm
  • I like this logo. I've liked the last few, also. But, when I was a kid I thought that 1976 logo was old fashioned. (My first comics were all Marvels and I didn't really appreciate DC until I became an adult.)
    That 1974 one is the best and I can imagine it being on the side of a pair of Chuck Taylors!
    Visit Still Only 35 Cents at https://www.ebay.com/usr/stillonly35cents!
    Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/stillonly35cents/
  • Posted: May 20, 2016 1:18:53 pm
  • I'm not feeling it yet but I'm sure it will grow on me a lot more than the current logo did. I do like that they went back to Silver Age DC for inspiration. For me the 1976 version is the one I will remember most. The 2005 version was fun and I think it really did look great on covers.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: May 24, 2016 1:57:30 am
  • When I think of DC comics all I see is black and white checkerboard squares. I'm not a fan of the new logo but it would never stop me from buying a Legion of Super Heroes book nor a Metal Men one for that matter!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: May 24, 2016 8:30:21 am
  • I basically grew up with the 1976 version and it'll probably always be a favourite however, I also liked the 2005 version. I'm not sure how I feel about the new one yet, but then again it doesn't really make that much of a difference to me. You can see that it is basically a replica of the 1972 logo which is probably holding true to them taking a page from the past with the "re-launch".
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Ablaze Media's The Agent Issue # 5
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 255facsimile
  • Marvel Comics's The Spectacular Spider-Men Issue # 1 - 2nd print b
  • Marvel Comics's What If? Venom Issue # 3c